Welcome to the Forums

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here is a dirty little secret I shouldn't tell you, but what the hell...

At one point I had several hundred allies. Gifts POURED in daily. Many allies were there because when they couldn't beat me, they sent ally requests to keep me from hitting them, (and I accepted them). But eventually I figured something out, I'd eliminated many of my game opponents not through battle, but through friendship.

So I eliminated all but 50 of my allies and created a whole new range of opponents. This meant that now I could fight many players instead of just a few, (and I hate to beat the same people over and over again, every few hours as I think it makes the game suck for them.) This also meant that I could test myself against many other players and garner many more honor points and sanction targets.

Yes, I still accept ally requests, but not as often as I used to do. I don't need the gifts, (most gift units are way below what I can purchase), and I have plenty of energy and mission boost items. Now, if I accept you as an ally, it's because I'm either in your clan or what matters more, I respect that player's ability or attitude in the game, (humor plays a big role in that too.)

So don't keep allies if you don't need them. You're just selling yourself short on targets. Good gamers respect competition, even from former allies. Good competition makes the game fun, and come on folks, it's a WAR game. We're supposed to fight hourly, daily, and weekly. Gifts should not be your main goal unless you're a new player seeking to flesh out an army or a weak player who sucks.

Machiavelli

(From FIREFLY)
    Mal: "You know, they say mercy is the mark of a great man."
    [stabs the man]
    Mal: "Guess I'm just a good man."
    [stabs him again]
    Mal: "Well,... I'm all right."

p.s. And this is my dirty little secret. I may be mistaken in this, but I kept receiving gifts from un-allied players after I'd removed them as allies also... that's the really funny part. You see, as long as they keep re-sending gifts, and you return them, the chain of gifting keeps going... took me months for my gift box to dwindle down to manageable levels. Once an ally, always a gift source.
    Last edited by Machiavelli; 07-09-2012 at 08:06 PM.