Welcome to the Forums

Thread: Battle Units

Battle Units

First of all hi to everyone.

My questions relate to fighting as I am confused regarding how this works :

REF: "your units limit is always determined by the limit of the person you decide to attack (if the player you attack is of a higher level your unit limit will increase, otherwise will drop to their level)"

1) If I am attacked by a lower level player, why are my unit quantities capped to their level

2) Was this always the case or am I right in thinking that it changed recently

3) What are the plans for the 20% attack or defence bonus following on from the recent poll that is in my opinion annoying and unfair.

Answers..1) in the interest of fairness.your both using same units, thereby eliminating your advanced units, that he has no access to,this forces you to keep all units purchased,rather than selling them and re-investing in upper gear. You do, however get the advantage of all the extra skill points you have earned
    2) It's been like this, part of the anti-bullying line of thought
    3) I don't actually know this, Bit am guessing they are going to keep it, as it represents the random factor in actual war.
    Disclaimer: In the event one or more of my replies turns out to be incorrect, I will refuse to acknowledge this thread, and will deny it's existence, in perpetuity......
    Last edited by RONIN; 07-06-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: disclaimer

1) If I am attacked by a lower level player, why are my unit quantities capped to their level

Well, if you are attacked by a lower player, or you attack them, capping your quantities to their levels evens the field. Generally, if you are of a higher level, you WILL have the advantage though in two major ways.

A) Skill points. You've had time to earn many more skill points, (a person 100 levels above you has an extra 500 skill points that you don't have, and if they are used wisely, they will make a big difference. I've had players 100 levels higher than me attack and lose, generally because of how my skill points are allocated, but also because they made the mistake of selling off their lower tiered units for cash... BIG mistake. Keep those units, don't sell them off. They come in especially handy during sanction battles. Which leads to point 2, (B).

B) As a higher level player, you've got access to ALL the units in the lower level player's tier. As they may be at any point in that tier, they often do NOT have access to all those types of units yet, much less the money to even purchase them. So even then, the odds favor you in the battle unless they are almost at a level where they are about to enter a new mission tier.

2) Was this always the case or am I right in thinking that it changed recently

IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY. Personally I think it's a great idea/strategy as it prevents some bullying and makes you think and plan your army out. But then, I always over-think my strategies, (and even then I am often surprised with losses due to mistakes on my part or outright stupidity).

Machiavelli

p.s. from what I've gleaned of the admin posts, there may be changes to your third question about the 20 percent bonus, then, there may not be changes. As ever, they are cryptic. But, you've got to admit, that keeps a little mystery in the game, (which is why I always loved the 20% boost, as it changes the battles from strictly a numbers game to something with a little bit of chance or luck, which is often seen on the battlefield).

As a great general once said, "Once the first bullet is fired, all prepared battle plans are useless." Since I like Sun Tzu and Machiavelli, I think some plans still hold out the majority of the time, but chance always taunts you when you least expect it.
    Last edited by Machiavelli; 07-08-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
    p.s. from what I've gleaned of the admin posts, there may be changes to your third question about the 20 percent bonus, then, there may not be changes. As ever, they are cryptic. But, you've got to admit, that keeps a little mystery in the game, (which is why I always loved the 20% boost, as it changes the battles from strictly a numbers game to something with a little bit of chance or luck, which is often seen on the battlefield).
    Never saw this poll, but I hope we keep the 20% bonus for the exact same reason.