Welcome to the Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    tks for the info

wish i'd had this when I started playing. still correcting the mistakes. nice one

I am correcting for mistakes at times too. Hindsight is 20/20...

Two things for you newer players.

1: Gifts... just because you can receive them doesn't mean you can USE them. Many of the more powerful gift items accessible by players in higher levels are not usable by players of lower levels. There is a good reason for this, (and it took me a little while to figure this one out), it prevents people with multiple accounts or allied players from loading up newbies with tons of good units and kicking all the other newbies collective butts. Each gift has a level range that it is accessible by, i.e. you can't use the Global Hawk in battle till level 125, (that's just an example, not a fact, I don't know when they become available for battles). But this way you don't end up starting the game fighting against someone who is level 11 with 500 Global Hawks, 500 Arjun MBT's, 500 Soviet Submarines, etc., etc. It'd destroy all the fun for new players.

2: There are certain players in this game who are great people to ask for help/advice. I suggest them highly. (This does not mean you are to be a pest, rude, or obnoxious to them).

Ronin/Mike Graham, Yvonne Harvell, RAS-Slaughter, EGF Werclan, Graham Heard, and Lee Dowling are just a few players that have a great background from the old game World at War and also a great understanding of the mechanics of this game. If you are familiar with them, go to them for good advice. They are smart people and good players. They know many things that I often have not yet learned or surmised.

Machiavelli

p.s. forgive me folks for posting your names up there, but you are good sources of knowledge and very good game players that I am familiar with. If you wish your name removed from the list, (or changed), just send me a message, you know how to reach me.
    Last edited by Machiavelli; 07-24-2012 at 07:59 AM.

The Boss Fight Section of the Forum

For those of you not looking there, you are missing out. People are posting their boss fights there to gain the help of others. It also gives you a list of fights out there so you can pick and choose. Wang Qin, the Chinese Boss, is my favorite. He's somewhat easy to damage, (for folks around levels 140+), and if you do enough damage, he pays out REALLY WELL.

These are some of the items that I regularly get from the fights with him.
    Chinese Cadet, Att: 36 / Def: 22
    Chinese Air Force Caps, Def: 58
    Armored Bulldozers, Att: 18 / Def: 60
    Chinese Anti-Air Vehicles, Att: 29 / Def: 35

and of course, the Supply Crates with 60 supply points usable at any time...

That's what makes hitting multiple Chinese Bosses at the same time and constantly getting loot GREAT. I've already started a good collection of each. I've got to thank Arne Hansen and RAS Unknown and his fellow players for the great job they did on contributing these bosses, without their efforts to provide targets constantly, I'd never have noticed how good this boss pays off, (and the best part is that they are FREE, you can use your money for other things instead of buying military units of similar strength, (which can be very costly))...

I am not a dummy on war games, But I truely appreciate you information as I grow