Welcome to the Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Relating gold and money.

I think it would be fair if you gave us the chance to, say, buy gold with the regular in-game money. A conversion rate of 1,000,000 Dollars for 1 gold coin seems to be good, keeping the Marketplace items of very high value (45M for an item is preposterous, you know). Anybody with me?

Yeah it would be quite fair; 1M=1 gold seems to be a perfect conversion rate, seeing that most featured items in Marketplace cost around 44-45 gold. It is also quite viable since other items in Marketplace are purchased using oil, which is also an in-game currency in such a case. I'd like to see this minor improvement implemented in the game. Any other advocates?

While I like the money to gold conversion, remember, older and stronger players make up to 15 billion each week. Would you wish to battle someone who gets 15,000 gold a WEEK? Imagine what their army would be like, (they could purchase between 300-400 of those powerful specialty units each week). Imagine what their stats would be like, (that would be 5000 skill points a week they could add to their character!)
    ONE MILLION per gold is way too little a dollar amount. It would seriously unbalance the game. The higher level players would become godlike in their powers, (imagine after three weeks, having a 18,500 Attack or 18,500 Defense). They'd be unstoppable.
    Maybe a few BILLION per Gold. But I make around 111 million per hour. I'm not even level 200 yet. Do you really want me adding 111 gold per hour to my account? I'd kick your arse all over the place just for fun and you would be unable to stop me, (unless you made as much gold).
    The game would become about BASE INCOME, not strategy. I don't play this to farm/make base income. I play this to fight.

Machiavelli
    Last edited by Machiavelli; 07-10-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Well I thought about it that way but I didn't really do the math. Maybe making each gold cost a player's worth would do the trick? That way he can buy a max of 4 gold each 24 hours (since his worth is 5 times his hourly income, so 24/5=4.8 gold). It's still viable if you put it this way. It would also be fair to all players probably. I'd like your suggestions please, or maybe pointing out the mistakes in my argument.

well I am posting this just so I get my frickin 10 gold.. Have a good day y'all

same like sharifa al j! I am also posting to get 10 gold... thanks

Again... gold is the way the people who make this game make their income... whilst I`d like to be able to buy it, the game probably wouldn`t be able to sustain itself if you could.

Hi, I agree with Cyanide, many other games has this option.
    @Machiavelli: i'm lvl 373, i gain 17-18 bilions/week, and i use my money to increase in mission (currently below the equator)....no to increase my army....i don't have many friends so i must buy new ones to complete missions. all it's relative... ;-)

oh man, oh man could I have some unfair fun with this last statement.

I too like to buy friends to help me "below my equator", but in most states that is considered "illegal" is the first thing to come to mind...

But buying allies to complete missions is one thing. Using game money to purchase gold is another. Rich players would gain immensely. Poorer players would suffer. But all in all, it's up to the devs to decide what they wish to do to their game and what ideas they would like to implement from us. Ideas are good, (you've got no criticism from me for coming up with them as I think that people with no ideas/imagination suck), so keep it up. It never hurts to ask.