Welcome to the Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Errors

You can easily replicate the error generated in Chrome or Firefox by having two accounts, one of which is sending completed collection items, the other receiving. Repeat this multiple times (usually more than 3-5 for me), and you will see the error message. I would deliberately do it and post a screenshot but then i'd lose out on the item im trying to send to an ally.

Ref the 2nd part when I say "count" I mean the number of collection items increasing by 1 in the inventory (not the number of completed collections you have ready for trading in).

As I stated above Im aware that the item does not vanish from your inventory when sending to an allies request for items - this can be resolved by the cache clear/F5 refresh - the frustrating thing is when you send a collected item and that does not reach its destination.

Hopefully this clarifies what I was trying to explain (well I hope so LOL).

Andy

Hi Andy,

We have tried to replicate the problem between Chrome and Firefox again with no "luck" so the bug might actually be a result of some Facebook settings independent of the game. We will continue to test this again in different forms but until we find a solution, if you encounter the same problem again, please provide us with at least a screen-shot of the error.

We are awaiting your response, thanks.

Just an update on this 1, have not really sent any collection items lately due to capcha problems however :

Earlier this evening I sent over 30 collection items to an ally without any errors at all.

I used Google Chrome, they were on Rockmelt. Prior to sending had cleared browser cache and then sent 30+ collection items consecutively without any problems (didn't need to refresh or clear browser cache).

The problem seems to have lessened in occurrence but I know others are still experiencing it.

haha I spoke too soon lol, just completed a mission and went to post it to allies and got the error Name:  Warzone  Armageddon on Facebook.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  6.5 KB

cant bring up debug (F12) have to ok to clear the error

Hi Andy,
    What browser were you using and did you do anything specific between the periods it was working and the error message appearing?
    Thanks.

I was using Google Chrome as stated above, sent 30+ items with no problem and as you can see 20 minutes later i got the error - it seems to occur less these days and more randomly most annoying as Ive just tried to send a collection item to an ally and got the error again grrrrr

Any update on this one Devs ? and on next update do you plan to alter the Battle Log to include attacks made and not just defences ?

We've tried to replicate this from time to time, but apparently it's a very slippery one.
    Does it always occur between Chrome and Rockmelt and is the error message always the same?

What I can recommend in the meantime is refreshing the page every time you start a new session - especially on portable devices - since this might be related to some expired cookies or specific cookie related settings of the browsers.

About including attacks on the Battle log, yup, it's planned for some future update, thanks.

Its happened when Ive been using Chrome and posting to Rockmelt, Chrome and Firefox (dunno about IE).
    Its also happened posting from Rockmelt and Firefox.

The error message is always the one I posted above in the screenshot.

Ive also had the error, cleared the cache, restarted the app and then had it again within a short period, I can personally see no pattern to the event that generates the error but it does happen after you have posted a few things to your feed ie. collecting bases and sharing and/or sending collection items and gifts etc. although the actual number of posts before error generation is a variable I do not know.

Sorry I cannot be more specific but all I can say is that the browser itself seems unrelated.

It sounds very much like a cache/cookie problem.
    How much do you tend to play in a single session without refreshing (minutes, hours)? And how about an estimate of how many shares do you try to post before the error appearing (5, 10, 20)?

Again, in the meantime, please refresh the session at least every 30 minutes and/or after 10-15 posting attempts. Thanks.