Welcome to the Forums

why no smartphone

why was no smartphone awaded to me this week?
    According to the stats I was in 10th place
    James Henderson
    This week: $529.91M
    Last week: $-64.80B

10. Arne Hansen
    Last Week: $63.00B

11. King Snakebite
    Last Week: $59.34B
    Anyway to rectify the situation?

Hi James,
    The reason this happened is because on the "Last week" count you didn't make a profit, thus the $-64.80B weekly report. You can check your "This week" report in real time on the top players list, after every collect/purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Hi James,
    The reason this happened is because on the "Last week" count you didn't make a profit, thus the $-64.80B weekly report. You can check your "This week" report in real time on the top players list, after every collect/purchase.
    I beg to differ, I had the smartphone the previous week with 51 billion. this week 64, explain where +13 billion is not a profit?

That would be correct, but according to the game's report, you did not end the week with a profit. Thus the "-" (minus sign) in front of 64.

Hmm, Ok, then How do you calculate profit? what all is factored in? I mean, are purchases of cash with gold considered income, or debt? are purchases of units in this equation?
    I guess they would have to be, since unit purchases are the only expense we have,along with base upgrades.
    I am unsure how we can end up with a negative...through cash saved one week, then spent the next?
    My brain hurts....(yes I know, a small pain, haha) I would appreciate any info you can give on this, as I was sure that I was getting shortchanged on income, But this must be the answer.
    RONIN
    Last edited by RONIN; 12-10-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: clarity

Ronin,
    I'll try to clarify: at the start of every week, the counter starts at a value of 0. At the end of every week, the game looks at how much you've gained and how much you've spent in that week. If the amount that was spent is bigger than what was gained, you end up on the negative side (it's basically *amount gained* -minus- *amount spent*).
    This calculation is done every week, regardless of what happened in the previous week.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks it does, so on a given week, if I buy no units, and use gold to get cash, I would have a large income, and a smart phone, provided I was in top 20. (btw, not likely, as I am already -1.9 bill this week)
    RONIN