Most of the players in the game are complaining about defence.
The big problem are the amount of battle rifles available, to low ranked or mediocre players. making them much stronger than they actually are.
I count myself amongst them, as there are a few players here that I should not be able to challenge, but because I have in excess of 2000 battle rifles, it makes me an offensive force to be reckoned with.
Many players, at the beginning, set their strategy to be strong, by going slowly and building in depth, this has all but been annulled by the addition of the battle rifle.
So how about some form of compromise, help the defence in some way.
I have one suggestion, (Don't I always)
Remove the venomous gun from the John Smith battle, replace it with something highpowered in defence, say a Claymore mine, something with a bit of bite to counter the rifle, sure people will still do the Oshea battle, if not for the rifle, then for the never ending supplies that they generate.
I do know something, you better get your act together pretty damned quickly. otherwise the old time established players will be leaving the game, I see it happening everyday, so surely you do to?
So I suggest some form of quick fix, it will not lie well with a lot of the players, but it will with others, you can't please everyone, the present situation is, you are pleasing no one.