Welcome to the Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Several suggestions.

Hi Dev's !

My name is Billy and you will see me be active in game and on the boards. I have a few suggestions. Please let me know the feasibility of doing them or not doing them when you get some time.

1) Linking to players.

When will we be able to create links to players that we can post ? You can make the links expire after 24 hours so that no one gets pummeled forever or bullied. The reason for this request is because it will foster team playing and if someone DOES get bullied they can get help from their allies/clans. the 24 hour cut off ensures that no one is bullied forever. It will also foster the sanction board being used more and probably increase your revenue stream as you can make it a gold or honor points based purchase.

2) I like the fact that we can't accidentally attack an ally. I do NOT like the fact that anyone cannot attack anyone. I suggest putting an end to the level caps.

This would make weak players get better, foster increased alliance/team play, and increase revenue stream as people who tend to get their butts kicked would spend money on gold to buy skill points and or units. If one of my allies is getting beat on I would be able to help them if I could attack the person and damage their win/loss ratio and take their cash.

3) A way for players to compensate other players.

I run as a Mercenary. In a previous game we started doing this and it was absolutely a blast. Lets say you were getting abused by another player or group of players. The Mercenaries would enter into a contract where we had different prices for different attacks. We would get compensated in game and go after our targets. This service actually was a lot of fun and made people really happy. I would love to be able to do this again. What do you think ? We charged items and in game cash and gifts as compensation. It was really fun.

4) Create an in game system to run polls.

For instance with all my above suggestions you could run in game polls for a week and offer a few free gold pieces as a thanks for participating and it would get you a general idea of what the players like or don't like.

So far I am really enjoying the game. I really like all the gifting and sharing back and forth. Reminds me of a previous war game we all loved. If you could make some tweaks you would have a massive following and a good revenue stream as a result.

Billy
    ~MERC~ Shadow

Great Ideas Billy.I hope the Devs take note

Administrator
    Hi ~MERC~ Shadow,

Thank you for your suggestions!

The first one is actually interesting and we will consider it - the 24 hour limit seems a fair one. Right now, when someone looses a battle, there is already the option to "Ask Friends" to attack that player - but players higher in level than the target cannot attack. There is also the option to sanction that player. Please explain how would you improve this feature, how would you make it more attractive?

Regarding removing the level caps - this issue is very complex, arguments can be given for each side. When we created the game we decided to have limits on attacking and still think this way. Compromises - like displaying lower level players on the fight list when others are not available or the revenge list where you can retaliate against lower level players that attak you have been made, others can also be made, based on your suggestions, but we would like to keep the level caps for the basic attack feature.

Your third suggestion is also really interesting. We haven't seen it live in a game, can you please point us to a game that has this feature implemented? We would like to take a look, see it in action. If the games that had this are't live anymore, can you please describe in detail how would it work, where do you see it integrated? It seems to us to be something like a sanction board but with people contributing with items and cash for a single target.

The pools are already on our list and will be available soon.
    Thank you again for your suggestions, we're looking forward to hear the details for the first one and the third one. We're also eager to know what other players think about these features.

come get me Billy :-) i'm still waiting from W@W buddy hehehehehe oh no you did get me in the end i forgot lol ;-)

You need to wait another 88 seconds before you can restore your health.

Devs what is this about ??? Why do I need to wait this ridiculous amount of time to heal ? Why do I need to wait at all ??? This really pissed me off. How can I play when you make it impossible ?

I will answer your questions shortly.. Been really busy havent had much time to do anything..

And yea mr 3000 health lol... I'll find ya... again.. Although it looks like the devs have made it impossible to play we cant even heal.. This is really messed up.

-Billy
    ~MERC~ Shadow

Administrator
    The 120 seconds limit between two consecutive heals was there since the beginning. We think that it's a reasonable limit that you have to wait and also it's a protection against players using attack bots/scripts. If you like to restore your health more than once every two minutes, you always have the option to restore health for 3 gold at the Marketplace. Please let us know more details about your suggestions when you can, thanks!

Hi Dev's,

I can't seem to sleep and I'm out of Energy and supplies so let me finally respond to your replies in line, Thank you for replying..

**The first one is actually interesting and we will consider it - the 24 hour limit seems a fair one. Right now, when someone looses a battle, there is already the option to "Ask Friends" to attack that player - but players higher in level than the target cannot attack. There is also the option to sanction that player. Please explain how would you improve this feature, how would you make it more attractive?**

The problem in a nutshell is that what good is that feature when most likely 99% of your friends are NOT your level and at this stage are most likely higher ? It simply doesn't work. I have been pounding players now that I'm level 117 and have very few players I can actually battle that are my level. The ONLY way someone has been able to get revenge is by sanctioning me and then having their friend come after me or their second account. The problem with this is I have yet to really work on my bases.. Now that I can add IT centers its all I will be concentrating on and eventually it will be too expensive to sanction me.. There are some players at my level that cost 450 million to sanction.. Its simply too high. We want more sanction board activity ! With regards to my suggestion, As I explained it is exactly how it works best.. I'm not sure how to make it better except to not make it too expensive for poor people to reasonably use.. Take a look at a game called Armed Forces. They have it pretty much down perfect. You purchase the ability to link to the person for a 24 hour period. You use real life cash to purchase an item to use to get the link or you can get the item through a daily bonus or a mission.. You make it less likely to get the item from the mission or bonus that way it helps your business model succeed and it also makes it a lucrative commodity and make a player really have to make a hard choice when to use them. This is also a way for your players who are broke can also still get in on the fun. The link, once posted, is good for a 24 period where ANYONE, doesn't matter who or what level, for a 24 hour period, can click on it and be taken to attack the offending player. This will promote team tactics and get more people involved, which means more fun for us and possibly an increased revenue stream for you ! After 24 hours the link expires and normal game rules apply and the higher levels can no longer attack.

**Regarding removing the level caps - this issue is very complex, arguments can be given for each side. When we created the game we decided to have limits on attacking and still think this way. Compromises - like displaying lower level players on the fight list when others are not available or the revenge list where you can retaliate against lower level players that attak you have been made, others can also be made, based on your suggestions, but we would like to keep the level caps for the basic attack feature.**

I like this idea. We need a way to retaliate. Let me give you an example. I am finding lower levels I have never talked to or fought are now sanctioning me. I figured out that you can use the Weekly/all time rankings pages to find ANY PLAYER, and then without any provocation SANCTION THEM. I go to retaliate against the lower level and guess what ?? I cannot. This isn't right at all. Why can they sanction me and its not even considered an attack ? Do you see what I mean ? Whats your in game name devs let me show you by finding you and sanctioning you lol !

**Your third suggestion is also really interesting. We haven't seen it live in a game, can you please point us to a game that has this feature implemented? We would like to take a look, see it in action. If the games that had this are't live anymore, can you please describe in detail how would it work, where do you see it integrated? It seems to us to be something like a sanction board but with people contributing with items and cash for a single target.**

This is simple.. There ARE NO OTHER GAMES that use this feature.. This is something that as players we came up with ourselves and found a way to implement ourselves ! It worked beautifully. If there were players that couldn't afford to pay me I would accept gifts as payment.. Say 30 days of a specific gift like a christmas nutcracker for sanctioning and killing a player.. It would depend on the level of the player and how much the sanction was.. This is an area you guys could pioneer in ! I would have the client provide me the targets name. I would research the target and even sometimes attack a few times to assess the defenses and then I came up with a price and either the client sanctioned the target for a set amount OR I would have the client sanction a Junior members account, get the bounty and cash, then I personally sanction the target so the target doesn't know the client took out a 24 hour, constant bombardment strike lol Do you see what I mean ?

**The pools are already on our list and will be available soon.
    Thank you again for your suggestions, we're looking forward to hear the details for the first one and the third one. We're also eager to know what other players think about these features.**

Thank you for listening to my suggestions !

Billy
    ~MERC~ Shadow
    Last edited by ~MERC~ Shadow; 02-29-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Oh another question, Why can't I see my attack/defense skills on my profile ? Sometimes I forget and would like to see it but I don't see where they are listed until I have points to distribute.

Administrator
    Hi ~MERC~ Shadow,

Thank you for your response and sorry for the delay in providing an answer,

For the sanction board, we have seen the way Armed Forces has it set and we agreed to implement a similar feature (24 hours link). We will however make a pool about this feature (pools will be released next week in the game) in order to see how the majority feels about it. We will also lower the sanctions a bit.

When someone places a bounty on your head, you can battle them (once) even if they are a lower level player, but only from the battle log (home page), not their profile.

On the sanctions board, we will first implement the feature where more players can contribute to set a bounty. Depending on how this feature will work, we will expand it, based also on your suggestions,

We will add the Attack/Defense on profiles.

Thank you for all your suggestions, please let us know if you have any others!