Welcome to the Forums

Question for Admin/Devs

Hey Admin/Devs...

Can you explain how attack points and defense points affect the outcome of a battle? Let's say for purposes of illustration that I attack someone who is 2 or levels higher than me, and my total attack points are 200, and my total defense points are 500, and when I go into this battle, my total for all my infantry, ground, air, naval, etc. totals 60,000. What multiplier does the 200 attack points have, if any? And conversely, suppose someone attacks me in a similar situation... what effect does my 500 defense points have on the outcome, if my total defense is about 60,000 as well? Does that make any sense? Just trying to see what effect boosting the defense points higher than the attack points would have. Thanks

Large Sarge

Hoping for a reply here,(I know that the devs prob wont give a satisfactory answer tho, as giving away too much can adversely affect game play)

Dear Large Sarge, (you're a familiar name on my battle listings from times back).

I'd like to start out by saying, "Fat Chance on getting a reply on this." You might as well be asking for nuclear weapon technology online, a passport to Iran, and phoning government officials with threats and hoping that you get all three without a visit from men in heavily armed vehicles...

This game is modelled a little on the old World at War game, (loved that game at the beginning before things went wonky), and to give that battle formula out is tantamount to asking for ultra-top-secret-ninja stuff from the NSA, (they'd probably give you a ride in their Aurora aircraft rather than betray the battle formula.)

You see, once the formula is out there, it's no longer a mystery. It's simply a "Numbers Game". Takes the fun out of it. Very few games will betray this formula. You can ask, but you'll NOT get it.

On the other hand, my thanks for visiting the forum. I'm not a part of the gamers, just an avid fan of their game with a previous history. I appreciate your visit here, your post, and most of all, that you play the game as well as you do. You were one of the better opponents that I've fought. You thought your stats, military, and base out well and I take my hat off to you for it.

Machiavelli

p.s. the Aurora, though fun, isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's a noisy ride with crappy seats, a horrible toilet system, and no in flight movies or meals. On the other hand, the NSA are really nice when they pick you up and drive you off to undisclosed destinations, good choice on vehicles made for speed, toughness, and plush Corinthian Leather seating...

Machiavelli Montebon,has a nice ring to it(even spelled wrong).Is RONIN your Tatoo???

I like that. Machiavelli Roarke, (Montalban was his real name, Roarke was his Fantasy Island name). Mike would never be Tattoo, he's got too much stature, grace, breadth of mind and character. He's also too short.

Hey Mac,

Loved your post. Doesn't hurt a guy to ask, but I agree I didn't really expect an answer, at least one that made any sense. I have invested much more in defense points than attack points, perhaps 4:1 D/A, and it seems to help, but who really knows? The attack and defense points may just be windrow dressing to lure you away from putting it all into energy/morale (whatever its called).

This game also seems a lot like the old Band of Heroes, certainly a different GUI, but the underlying engine might be quite similar. Just hope its not programmed for the DEVS to "Take the Money and Run", like they did in that one... LOLAPPS I think they were called.

Anyway, thanks for the hat tip and a hearty ***SALUTE*** back at ya!

Large Sarge

Administrator
    Large Sarge,
    The attack/defense points are definitely important in the game, not just a way of investing less in the other stats.
    We can't reveal the exact impact that they have in battles, but as a tip, you should constantly add attack/defense points (constantly = with each level up).
    We have a long-term commitment of making this a top game. We are focused on making adjustments that will make the game experience better, we also have important new features coming. We are excited by your interest in this game and we will do our best to increase our user base in order to make the game and community around it better.
    Thank you!