Welcome to the Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Participation ang Game Growth, (this is for YOU, game dev's)

I know for a fact that YOU, (the game developers), are very in the know about how much a good forum format can assist a game from previous experience. We gamers not only enjoy a challenge in strategy, luck, and skill, but we enjoy banter, challenges, and comradery that a well placed forum with easy access, (and some admin control of the topic/banter), can provide. Without this banter, your game will suffer somewhat. Your sales too. You are in this for a profit, learn to cater to an audience that not only will provide you with income, (and of course some customer headaches), but also with GROWTH in potential earnings and popularity. You've got an established base of clientele that would like to meet up again. You've just got to give us a good focus spot. This forum could be it.

Provide your clients a REASON to come here... i.e. "Visit the Forum and get a Gold!" "Register your name and setup an account and get 5 Gold!" "Post on the forum and get 3 Gold"

If you did those simple three steps above, you'd experience quite a leap in customer/gamer satisfaction, participation, and possibly growth.

Machiavelli

I dont think gold for posting is a good idea,(ADD ME trolls),But rewarding the set up, and especially game tweaks(those should really pay, as submitter is basically working FOR you) I didn't see him mention it, but at one time, there were over a million W@W players($$$$$) Your listing 4000..

I think that they should get something like 25 gold for registering to post on the forum. That would draw a larger audience and generate much enthusiasm.
    Once you have the crowd, we are a perpetual motion machine when it comes to banter and generating interest...

Administrator
    Hi Machiavelli, RONIN,

Thank you both for your suggestions, we will try to implement a reward system for registering on the forum (we also think that rewarding for number of posts will only decrease the quality of the posts). However, we can't provide an exact deadline for releasing this feature, we are currently working on other features and tweaks. We have added this on our list and will do it as soon as we finish with our current priorities.

Thanks for listening! While you do own the product, we're wanting to buy it. We like bells and whistles.

Machiavelli

p.s. Yep, we're simple that way, "Bells and Whistles". No Playstation, Soduko, or Chess for us. That's too brain-smackingly painful. We like the simple things in life, bells, whistles, and those toys with the colored rings that you stack from largest to smallest on a rocking base... if you can't be smart, at least enjoy what you can get with what ever brains you've got.

Man, I hope that list isn't anything like mine....(Thanks for listening ..)

And yes, I think the gold for posts was a bad idea too, (what I meant was that after registering, you got a gold for the first post or two you made, then nothing more). Yes, it may mean some minor comments by many, but they will have to find a spot to post as if they are that lazy, they won't want to make a new thread. This means that some of them will actually read other posts, (and get involved).
    Involvement, retorts, comments, challenges, and social discourse is what will draw your players into the game, (examples: "Merc Shadow is a doo-doo head" or "RAS players are devoted fans of scrapbooking and interior decorating"). This will of course will create a need on the part of another player or group of players. Which will then create even more intellectual discourse into the finer points of uncharted nether-regions of anatomy, girlish attributes in battle, and the poor states of the competitor's armies. When it comes to social gaming, that's the "lobster and filet mignon" of gaming participation and intellectual challenge, (which we all are seeking).

My thanks for listening and replying to us both,
    Machiavelli

The biggest issue that players seem to be having is simply the REGISTERING part. Please create a REGISTER button for the forum, inform them of the rules, you can keep the same process, and let them know that they MUST respond to the email sent to the link they provided or they can't post.

More Forum ideas

Listen, you want this forum to grow. Facebook is a socially interactive game. We love to challenge each other, chat, and group up. We can't do this without a meeting site for all players.

You can dothe following:
    1: On your website, much like the holiday bonuses you provide, post that the Forum needs player involvement. There will be a reward, (something like 25 gold), for players who register to participate and answer the email sent to them.
    *Players who have already registered and participate will get the gold automatically.

2: Same as above, but instead of gold, give us a specialty unit. Something in the lines of a Communications Unit, (either Satellite Communications Array for defense, (example: 55 Offense, 150 Defense), or Satellite Targeting System for Offense, (example: 145 Offense, 60 Defense).

3: You really want to make your game explode with growth, offer both ideas combined to those who register on the forum. You lose nothing, gain a LOT. It's your business, but without growth, and soon, you're going to suffer.

Thanks for listening,
    Machiavelli

I agree with both Machiavelli and RONIN,and may i say that making it a little easier to get into the Forum would probably help.It took me forever to be able to do this