Welcome to the Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    TakeOver, ya wanna trade EFF sanctions this weekend?

Some of us who were at the very start of WAW and the very end still don't remember EFF. May be they were an off shoot of RATS. Sound about right Machiavelli.

Quote Originally Posted by TaKeOver View Post
    These Dumbass EFFer's don't even know what game they played. They didn't play world @ war, they played world war and I bet they sucked just as bad in that game as they do this one. Elite Fighting Force pssssssssst hahaha what a joke. Trust me no one wants to join this clan, they are very weak and they have no idea what they are doing. It took me about ten minutes to infiltrate their clan with a dummy account and I was immediately their strongest player. They don't need to recruit new players because Tom Stone is constantly creating new mini accounts to add to their ranks. I attack their members all the time and none of them even try to hit me back. Its like they just laid down and accepted that they suck. I welcome any Eff member that wants to come and try me out......Hell i'll fight you all at once.

Your's Truly, Tommy Gun
    LOL, I remember when......wait, no, shit, what game did we play? EFF it, pass me that doobie.......

You were attacked by SPA/EFF STONER SOCKY, (SPA/EFF STONER SOCKY, Level 627)
    You won, gaining 1 experience and taking 13 damage.

I am level 164... that's a difference of 463 levels that Mr. Stoner Socky has over me. He still lost. Sad.

Sanction!

What is a SPA? Why does Socky have that as part of his name? Is he referring to the fact that he has to go to the SPA so regularly to massage out all the damage/bruising he takes due to being a horrid player? Does he get a discount on his spa treatments if he places "SPA" in front of his name like those people do with signs in their front yards when they get house repairs/upgrades done for a 10% savings?
    What is the SPA?

Base Income:
    Ok folks, it seems that some of you are rather lacking in the base income department. I realize that you are probably in a hurry to level up, that's fine if you don't care about having money to purchase military units, land, or being a really cheap sanction, (I love those last players), but realize, YOU ARE GOING TO GET PUMMELED.
    Now, for those of you who do care about your base, here are some helpful hints...
    1: Every base structure that makes money has it's minimum income that comes with the initial purchase. Then, you have three more upgrades you can make after that. The initial upgrade increases that base's income by a factor of 1.6, (i.e. if the base income is initially $1,000,000, then the first upgrade will increase it to $1,600,000), and that initial upgrade dollar amount is the increase from there on out, (it does NOT increase by a multiplier of 1.6 from there on out, it increases by that first dollar amount from there on.)

Example: Military Saloon and Sandals Resort (makes $1,000,000 per hour with NO stars)
    1 star = $1.6 million/hour
    2 star = $2.2 million/hour
    3 star = $2.8 million/hour

You can use that simple formula for figuring out how much any income base structure tops out at. The only difference is the amount per hour, (as they collect anywhere from 45 minutes to 24 hours depending on the structure and what kind of player you are).

Knowing that above formula, you need to then decide how often you are going to log on and collect. Can you collect every 45 minutes, (IT Center), or only every four to eight hours?

Then with that in mind, how much do you wish to earn per day? How expensive do you want to make yourself to sanction?

Below are some of the top tiered base structures for income that vary on collection times. My favorites are the IT Center, (lowest initial price for the greatest return, but you have to log on every 45 minutes), and the Nuclear Power Plant, (collect every 1.5 hours, so you get more time to relax from the game AND it actually makes more per hour than the IT Center when topped out), the NASA Facility gives you even more time off, (4.5 hours), and makes less per hour, but it frees you from the game too.

Now, I set my player up as a money earner, so I earn income faster than the other types, but it will give you a general idea of what's good for the times.

IT Center: Initial income is $1,500,000, 1 star - $2,400,000 2 star-$3,300,000 3 star-$4,200,000
    (topped out, it averages $5,586,000 per hour income at 45 minute collection times per structure)

Science Center: Initial income is $3,000,000, 1 star - $4,800,000 2 star-$6,600,000 3 star-$8,400,000
    (topped out, it averages $2,800,000 per hour income at 3 hour collection times per structure)

Nuclear Power Plant: Initial income is $3,300,000, 1 star - $5,280,000 2 star-$7,260,000 3 star-$9,240,000
    (topped out, it averages $6,098,400 per hour income at 1.5 hour collection times per structure)

Nasa Facility: Initial income is $6,000,000, 1 star - $9,600,000 2 star-$13,200,000 3 star-$16,800,000
    (topped out, it averages $3,733,333 per hour income at 4.5 hour collection times per structure)

Pentagon: Initial income is $9,000,000, 1 star - $14,400,000 2 star-$19,800,000 3 star-$25,200,000
    (topped out, it averages $2,800,000 per hour income at 9 hour collection times per structure)

Hope this tidbit helps out for income, now for how to get those land purchases...

You can purchase land four ways, (Money, Gold, Honor Points, and Oil). All of them are initially easy to purchase, but they get progressively more expensive. So thinking about this and how things change as you level up, I'd suggest the following.

Get all the cheapies out of the way asap. Then, once you have a good initial amount of land and good bases, remember this very simple fact. As you level up, you get more honor points per battle. So don't worry about the land purchases with Honor Points till your level 200 or more for anything over 100K Honor Point Cost. It just takes too much time to collect them early due to the poor payout per battle, (unless you've got 300 Supplies).
    Instead, concentrate on that Daily Bonus, collect that free gold for land purchases and get those out of the way.
    Build Oil Refineries and max them out ASAP. Why? Easy, maxed out on upgrades, an Oil Refinery nets you 56,000 bbl of oil every 1.5 hours. If you have five maxed out, that's 280,000 bbl of oil every 1.5 hours. It's easy to collect if you're on often and earn those final pieces of land. And then if you get all the oil purchased land units out of the way, you can convert all but one to INCOME EARNERS! You don't have to have them as oil refineries any more and it frees up land for income to purchase either more land or units, (or if you're like me, SANCTIONS)...

That's all for now, hope this helps a little for you inexperienced players. Ask away if you have anything else you have questions about.

Machiavelli

Next helpful hint... STOP USING GOLD FOR DARNED MILITARY UNITS.

As I said above, use that daily bonus of three gold for land purchases and SKILL POINTS. It makes a huge difference in the long run if you add those extra skill points into your stats. Every five days you can get five more skill points, (costs 15 gold to get 5 skill points, you get 3 gold/day bonus). Don't waste that gold on units till later when you have all the land and skill points you need, (or never STOP adding skill points).

Get spare military units and equipment with honor points and oil! Yes, those fancy kick ass units look good and have a wallop, but three or four of them don't equal out to 45 or 60 extra attack or defense points spread out over your whole military.

p.s. if you are purchasing gold, wait to make big purchases till you are into the European Campaign. The bonus mission, "The Carpathian Castle" earns you a BAT. That little fuzzy winged creature gets you a bonus of 50% extra gold ONE time when you next buy it, (i.e. if you buy $10 worth of gold, (normally 70 gold for ten bucks), now you get 105 gold instead). So save your money till you can get that little fuzzy critter and it's bonus.

Wish it were a permanent boost... it would increase gold sales tremendously.
    Last edited by Machiavelli; 07-04-2012 at 04:19 PM.

1) If I am attacked by a lower level player, why are my unit quantities capped to their level?

Well, if you are attacked by a lower player, or you attack them, capping your quantities to their levels evens the field. Generally, if you are of a higher level, you WILL have the advantage though in two major ways.

A) Skill points. You've had time to earn many more skill points, (a person 100 levels above you has an extra 500 skill points that you don't have, and if they are used wisely, they will make a big difference. I've had players 100 levels higher than me attack and lose, generally because of how my skill points are allocated, but also because they made the mistake of selling off their lower tiered units for cash... BIG mistake. Keep those units, don't sell them off. They come in especially handy during sanction battles. Which leads to point 2, (B).

B) As a higher level player, you've got access to ALL the units in the lower level player's tier. As they may be at any point in that tier, they often do NOT have access to all those types of units yet, much less the money to even purchase them. So even then, the odds favor you in the battle unless they are almost at a level where they are about to enter a new mission tier.

2) Was this always the case or am I right in thinking that it changed recently?

IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY. Personally I think it's a great idea/strategy as it prevents some bullying and makes you think and plan your army out. But then, I always over-think my strategies, (and even then I am often surprised with losses due to mistakes on my part or outright stupidity).

Machiavelli

p.s. from what I've gleaned of the admin posts, there may be changes to your third question about the 20 percent bonus, then, there may not be changes. As ever, they are cryptic. But, you've got to admit, that keeps a little mystery in the game, (which is why I always loved the 20% boost, as it changes the battles from strictly a numbers game to something with a little bit of chance or luck, which is often seen on the battlefield).

As a great general once said, "Once the first bullet is fired, all prepared battle plans are useless." Since I like Sun Tzu and Machiavelli, I think some plans still hold out the majority of the time, but chance always taunts you when you least expect it.

Im new to this game i usually play one of kens other apps in dead or alive and on that one we don't have clans it's been promised for two years but never developed so i have a question? What is the actual pros and cons of joining a clan

Thank you Machiavelli for your wise words, hints and tips.
    Although I've been playing DoA for a very long time, and Warzone is quite similar, it has it's own nice features which I would like to exploit maximally to, one day, become strong .