PDA

View Full Version : What's the purpose of the MYSTERY BONUS Items?

Machiavelli
06-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Ok, this is gonna probably require some input from an admin.

On the following mission tiers you win the following;

Stepping South, (Diver's Mask)

Black Gold, (Ambassador Collins)

Memorias Do Brasil, (Memory Stick)

Arabia, (Holy Quran)

(that's as far as I've gotten on missions yet)

Now, I don't mind winning things, but when they have no apparent purpose, I'd like to know what they are for, (later missions?). Because many of the special missions give you loot items with actual stats of some sort, (attack, defense, etc.), but these items do nothing that I can tell.

Is Ambassador Collins reciting passages from the Holy Quran while wearing a diver's mask and recording the passages onto a memory stick? If so, please direct Mr. Collins to the nearest asylum. I'm not saying he's nuts for reading the Quran, that's absolutely fine.
It's the wearing a diver's mask while he's doing it that makes me wonder why in the world I rescued him in the first place, (unless he's going for some kind of record for reciting those passages underwater, THEN, of course it makes T O T A L sense).

Machiavelli

p.s. please see the photo below and tell me I'm not imagining things...

Machiavelli
06-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Mr. Collins is evidently a smartass. I'm thinking of doing a mission to return him to that damned prison.

(honestly, admins, what is the purpose of those and possible future items with no explanation?)

Machiavelli
06-16-2012, 03:47 PM
I have come up with another scenario. Cheap leadership or budget cuts due to the recession. Just imagine it. Your commander walks up to the company and begins the following speech...

"AAAAAAwwwwRIGHT MEN! Listen up!"
"You're country needs you and your vast expertise to valiantly travel to distant lands in order to protect our great nation's assets, interests, and arse end!"
"In exchange for your dangerous exploits which SHALL involve gunfire, (preferably with you on the right side of the gun, but seeing as they have guns too, you will probably be on the other end also), mines, deathtraps, starvation, heat exhaustion, bitter cold and frostbite, parasites and nasty diseases, prison camps, miles of marching, and an enemy that means to kill you before you kill them, for which you shall receive many a great compensation."
"What kind of compensation do I hear your tiny minds whispering in the shadowy corners of those blank slates you call brains?!!! ONLY the greatest our country can give in behalf of you risking your lives..."

(At this point the commander turns to the master sergeant in charge of the base commissary, (who, I might add, is snickering as he hands over the items to the commander), and holds up the mighty gifts that our country is willing to bestow in exchange for the possibility of our getting killed or maimed...)

"YOU men see this! Can you not believe how wondrous these items can be? I know when I was a lowly maggot like you men, I'd have chopped off my own left foot with a rusty toe nail trimmer to get such patriotic and generous rewards!"

(At this point you notice that the commander does indeed have a wooden left leg...)

"EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeIN exchange for this set of missions to piranha infested South America, we have a set of jumper cables!

For this set of missions you'll get... AWWWWWWWWWWWdio Video cables! Now who doesn't need audio video cables for their latest entertainment center needs???

For this set of missions to the middle east, your country has deigned to give you the complete set of Harlequin Romance novels, (you'll find them useful for extended missions away from those gals you're leaving behind).

And finally, for this mission to the far east, you get to adopt a child in a far away god forsaken country that is starving and in need of funds, (by sending $14.99 per month through this charity organization)."

"Now go get'em men! Your country depends on YOU!"

Is that what happened on those "Special Missions"? Budget cuts?

egfwerclan
06-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Blaine what are the duel points used for from the bosses battles

Machiavelli
06-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Hwah? Honor points? Heck, I'm not even certain what duel points are used for in regular battles. Thought they were the same thing as honor points.

admin
06-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Machiavelli,
Those items are "consumable" loot items, that means that another final missions will require them (not all at once :D, so the Ambassador won't recite passages from the Holy Quran while wearing the diver's mask :)) you're gonna need his services in the India campaign ;) )
The game is set this way in order for you to follow the story and to make connections between territories and tiers and make sure that you don't skip some tiers.
As soon as you'll advance in the game, you'll find out the use of every loot item you mentioned.

Machiavelli
06-24-2012, 01:18 PM
AHA! Thanks.