PDA

View Full Version : Loot money from bases in battles

ras putin
07-10-2012, 07:49 AM
It would be a nice idea if the morale and supplies generated a bit quicker, 12 hours between is a little too much, imho it would be good if players could use say 5 a day with no time to wait, also cash and oil would be good if they accumulated, that way if you do not collect and get attacked, the attacker at least gets something

admin
07-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Hi ras putin,
If you are referring to the morale and supplies packs, you can use one every 8 hours (not 12h), that would be 3 full refills in a day, which we think that is a reasonable limit. We will think about what you suggested regarding the collected cash when you are being attacked, thank you! Feel free to post if you have any other suggestion!

ras putin
07-10-2012, 11:27 AM
ok, fair enough, 3 in a 24 hour period, but bearing in mind, some of us actually do have other things to do, why not allow us to use all 3 at anytime in a 24 hour period?

Machiavelli
07-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Hmmmmm.... I like the idea of collecting from someone's base if they haven't been online to collect it themselves and banked it! I'd kill my allies for their money if we could do that, much less my enemies, (HEY! At least I'm honest about my scruples.)
I think they make you wait the 8 hours because it guarantees return visits throughout the day. This return business probably gets them notice by advertisers who want to sell space. If you got all three at once, you'd not return and therefore would get them extra hits on their site. So I understand that mentality. They are doing this game to make themselves MONEY, after all.
But the idea of ransacking an uncollected base is VERY intriguing for me too. Though only being able to ransack half of the base's uncollected cash and oil would be my suggestion. You have to leave something for the poor bugger when he finds his lands ravaged by unscrupulous, greedy, accountants/tax collectors in armored vehicles...

"Never piss off the I.R.S. You pay their enforcers with your taxes to take even more of your taxes away. It's a lose-lose scenario."

ras putin
07-10-2012, 11:48 AM
not a bad idea at all, though Machiavelli, I see your point about advertisers, but the world of warzone is 24 hours, same as the planet makes, there are users from all the continents, so that would be a moot point.

cysto
07-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Collecting money from a player's base in battles is a pretty awesome feature. It can be a bit disturbing to the losing player, especially if he makes 100M+ an hour (wow, a 50M win :P), but it's still reasonable. Rare are the chances of finding money in a base (at least for me, I collect them on a timed schedule :P), and it would be to get some cash from battles once in a while, instead of that $0 win :P

admin
07-11-2012, 06:08 AM
We're glad to see you're interested in this feature. We also think that with a few rules attached it could be a great addition to battles (like having a period of a time after the bases are ready, called a 'secure collect time' where nobody can touch your money, and if this collect time limit expires then whoever attacks you can ransack a certain amount of your uncollected money). We will run an in-game poll about this feature to see how everybody feels about it. Thanks!

Machiavelli
07-11-2012, 06:12 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! I smell booty!

(and by "booty" I am not referring to an unwashed posterior, folks)

james henderson
07-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Admin, I think you could give the poll a miss on this one, ofcourse if like other polls you give gold, go ahead, my guess is for a resounding YES on getting loot from battles, I have another idea as well, but it is too evil to speak of at this time

cysto
07-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Awesome call from admin :3 Can't wait to see the changes :3

RAS Unknown
07-11-2012, 02:30 PM
nice touch time to dust the cobwebs off my cape and mask :cool:

RAS Unknown
07-11-2012, 02:30 PM
makes a change from the usual friday night gimp suit anyway :-(

Joseph Lemieux
07-11-2012, 03:19 PM
not a bad idea at all, though Machiavelli, I see your point about advertisers, but the world of warzone is 24 hours, same as the planet makes, there are users from all the continents, so that would be a moot point.

Some people work and cannot be on here 24/7 like some players. Maybe a 12 hour rule or something on base attacks. If the player does not collect within 12 hours, then 100% should be available to the attacker.

*************************Get rid of the 20% boost**********************************

AtticGeneral
07-12-2012, 03:49 AM
another good idea is to loot items such as stelth bombers etc.
remember w@w, nothing better than looting a seige tank or aegis off your oppoinments

RAS Unknown
07-12-2012, 03:58 PM
one thing better than that broski ..................destroying 2 and looting 1 aegis in 1 hit hik hik hik!!!

USS 5th Fleet
07-18-2012, 09:31 AM
I love looting the aegis missile cruiser from W@W

AtticGeneral
07-18-2012, 11:41 AM
lmao, i remember in w@w when you could only loot 8k in cash, then the dev,s changed it over nite and never told anyone about it, lmao, never looted so much in such little time, unsuspecting players lost millions, that 1hr period of looting was magic :).

RONIN
07-18-2012, 05:45 PM
lmao, i remember in w@w when you could only loot 8k in cash, then the dev,s changed it over nite and never told anyone about it, lmao, never looted so much in such little time, unsuspecting players lost millions, that 1hr period of looting was magic :).

I remember this as well..A long, sleepless night it was, too.
And, as for looting....ARRR ME MATEY"S HOIST THE COLORS, IT BE TIME TO PILLAGE !!!!!!

Machiavelli
07-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Yep, I remember that as well. Logged on, first hit made me a couple hundred thousand... had to stop for a second as I couldn't believe my eyes.
Spent some good money on ammo refills that night and made myself a lot of enemies. But when you are rich, who cares.
Stayed online for six hours attacking people, (goodness, were people grumpy the next day). But it did spice up the game.

Just remember, to "Err" is human, to "Arrrrr" is Pirate!

Darran Noworldwar
07-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Poll is a good idea methinks....can I have my 10 gold now after all the arrsing about it took to get on here :mad:

~O~HAND OF DEATH
07-19-2012, 05:39 PM
I really like the idea of looting bases, the next plan should be looting players of their mission earned units...

RONIN
08-02-2012, 10:18 PM
When in a battle, if your opponent has not collected their base income for more than 12 h after it was supposed to, would you like to ransack a part of their income?
Yes, ransack uncollected base income
73%
No, leave uncollected base income
27%
As you can see, almost all of us love this idea, BUT, I can't wait to hear the cryin' once it's YOUR money gettin' pilfered .....

FALSADOOM
08-05-2012, 01:50 PM
I remember getting this in the old World War game..not W@W....

100,000,000,000,000,000...or more :)

FALSADOOM
08-05-2012, 01:50 PM
...and that buys A LOT of hookers and beer! LMAO

Darran Llewellyn
08-06-2012, 03:45 PM
I remember getting this in the old World War game..not W@W....

100,000,000,000,000,000...or more :)

Or getting so much cash that it would lock you up, hence some right bastards trying to dump money on other players :):rolleyes:

I am a target
08-11-2012, 04:34 PM
If they are going to implement this system (which I think is silly), I think there should be a way to put your bases "on hold" for when you on holidays, etc. Otherwise people will see this as a nice cash cow for doing nothing at all.

Ras hellspawn
08-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Will we be seeing this soon ?

james henderson
08-12-2012, 11:10 AM
If they are going to implement this system (which I think is silly), I think there should be a way to put your bases "on hold" for when you on holidays, etc. Otherwise people will see this as a nice cash cow for doing nothing at all.

You can always cash in your bases, bear in mind, all of us cant be here all of the time, what goes for you goes for all of us. as for putting your bases on hold, what is to stop everyone from doing the same, the idea is to generate cash for battles, there are a lot of players out there who have given up on the game, their bases still generate cash. don't just look at things from your own perspective, you will get hit sometimes when you are just levelling and lose a lt more cash, would you like a rule where you cant be hit whhilst levelling? ever thought of Farmville?

I am a target
08-12-2012, 02:22 PM
You can always cash in your bases, bear in mind, all of us cant be here all of the time, what goes for you goes for all of us. as for putting your bases on hold, what is to stop everyone from doing the same, the idea is to generate cash for battles, there are a lot of players out there who have given up on the game, their bases still generate cash. don't just look at things from your own perspective, you will get hit sometimes when you are just levelling and lose a lt more cash, would you like a rule where you cant be hit whhilst levelling? ever thought of Farmville?

James, did you even READ what I wrote? I think not. What I said was, having the ability to put the bases on hold for a period of time, which means they do not generate cash. Not sure if you checked but selling your bases will mean you will lose a fortune (They sell for less than the buy price).
Nothing to do with Farmville at all. Oh, I know. You want to find someone who has left or given up and farm them without having to worry about working for it. Sorry, I should have seen it from your perspective.

james henderson
08-26-2012, 07:45 AM
James, did you even READ what I wrote? I think not. What I said was, having the ability to put the bases on hold for a period of time, which means they do not generate cash. Not sure if you checked but selling your bases will mean you will lose a fortune (They sell for less than the buy price).
Nothing to do with Farmville at all. Oh, I know. You want to find someone who has left or given up and farm them without having to worry about working for it. Sorry, I should have seen it from your perspective.

Yes I did read what you wrote. You want to be able to put your bases on hold so you can't be touched when your not playing, did you read what the devs plan?
When in a battle, if your opponent has not collected their base income for more than 12 h after it was supposed to, would you like to ransack a part of their income?
You would lose about 50% income. No guesses for which way you voted, puts you in the minority by a very long margin

RAS-Tommy Gun
08-31-2012, 12:19 AM
when is this feature goin to begin

Yvonne Harvell
09-21-2012, 05:32 PM
not soon enough lol

james henderson
09-24-2012, 05:48 AM
not soon enough lol
It's started woo hoo

admin
09-24-2012, 08:55 AM
We have released this feature today, hope you'll all enjoy it. In a battle, if your opponent has not collected their base for more than 12 hours, you can ransack one of their structures. Only structures that produce oil and money can be ransacked for now, we will add structures that produce items soon. You can win money or oil, depending on the structure that you hit in the battle.
Let us know how is this feature working for you, thanks!

FALSADOOM
09-24-2012, 09:38 AM
when did the 12 hour clock start? we have a member who lost off a base and it was under 12hours since they collected off their bases.

admin
09-24-2012, 09:46 AM
FALSADOOM, the 12 hour limit is calculated for each structure. For example, if you have 3 structures:
- one that collects every 1 hour
- one that collects every 12 hours
- one that collects every 24 hours

And say that you collect from all 3 properties right now,

- after 13 hours from now (1 hour + 12 hours limit) the first structure can be ransacked by other players
- after 24 hours from now (12 hours + 12 hours limit) the second structure can be ransacked by other players
- after 36 hours from now (24 hours + 12 hours limit) the third structure can be ransacked by other players

Hope this answers your question, let us know if you have any other questions

FALSADOOM
09-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Thank you :)

FALSADOOM
09-24-2012, 10:13 AM
I think 24 hours would be a better time limit...some folks work 12-16 hours a day with commute time. their bases would ransacked every night when they come home. this may discourage even more gamers here. JMO

maybe even 18 hours...

RAS-Tommy Gun
09-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I think 24 hours would be a better time limit...some folks work 12-16 hours a day with commute time. their bases would ransacked every night when they come home. this may discourage even more gamers here. JMO

maybe even 18 hours...

Soooooo basically you want this new feature to have no affect on anyone at all. hmmm maybe we should just make it so that you can only ransack from someones base if they don't play the game anymore and they have been inactive for 6 months. I think that would be better so we don't hurt anyones feelings..... You want 24 hours, and i want it to be as soon as the base is full, Sooooo looks like 12 hours is right in the middle and right where its gonna stay.

!~RAS Carpangler~!
09-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Hi Devs, although I fully support this modification to the battle procedure and applaud the change I do think that there has been an error in the implementation.
I can only comment upon my own player as I have seen the evidence.
My bases were collected approximately 3 hours ago and the money banked, then I was attacked again approximately 1 hour ago and lost a fight due to that pain of a 15% attack boost (which I personally and a lot of other players disagree with), some money was ransacked from one of my bases which in this instance was a Nuclear Power plant (collect every 90 minutes).
If there is a 12 hour rule then surely money or oil could not be ransacked until 12 hours after my bases had been collected, whereas it appears that here it was only approximately 2 hours (i.e. the 90 minutes collection time + an approximate time of 30 minutes).
Hopefully I have highlighted an error which you could perhaps look into.

admin
09-25-2012, 09:23 AM
@FALSADOOM: We have thought about this and decided that the 12 hours would be the best period for protecting the bases. Players that can only log in once or twice a day already have structures that they collect once every 12 hours or more. A structure that is ready in 12 hours is protected for a 24 hours period since it's last collect (12h + 12h), time we think should be enough for a player to collect it. At least that's what we are thinking right now, we will analyze this feature over the next couple of months and see how things are working for everybody.

@!~RAS Carpangler~!: We have just fixed a bug and that might have something to do with your report. However, we will take a closer look at your report and fix if there's any problem. Please let us know if it happens again.

!~RAS Carpangler~!
09-25-2012, 09:41 AM
wow that was a quick response, thankyou very much.

RONIN
09-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Love the new feature, Am making new friends, MWAHAHAA-MWAHAHA.......

RONIN
09-25-2012, 09:00 PM
http://youtu.be/jrwjiO1MCVs

Machiavelli
09-26-2012, 11:15 AM
I haven't fought actual players in months... sad really. But I'm making up for it now! Thanks for the looting ability.

Machiavelli

!~RAS Carpangler~!
09-27-2012, 04:01 AM
Yes Devs that bug fix seems to have done the trick, all working well now thankyou. I was like Machiavelli, spending too much time playing boss fights, which was detracting from the fighting aspect of the game and am enjoying the looting feature :)

MightyQ
10-06-2012, 12:03 AM
do any one have a link for the base layout and payout? I would like to know what the Bases are for LvL 360, 390, 425, 460, so I can work on a couple of thenks I'm a LvL 320 just would like to know befor I go and spend my money else where

Machiavelli
10-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Really? You can't find the "Warzone for Dummies" post/thread. It's in there.