PDA

View Full Version : captchas and a boycott

james henderson
10-21-2012, 08:16 AM
In view of this annoying captcha coming up almost on every post, which is bad enough, but being told that you have entered it wrong and have to do it again.
I urge fellow warzone players to sign their names to this, that unless it is sorted out pretty damn quick, they will cease to play Warzone
Please sign, as if the devs will only pay attention if there are enough names behind it.
Jim Henderson

ras putin
10-21-2012, 08:30 AM
ras putin for sure

Gordon Hughes
10-21-2012, 08:42 AM
It's getting pretty damn close to it. And if you try to verify with a mobile number , that comes up with an error message. Devs is it a game issue or a Facebook issue? MINUTEMAN64

james
10-21-2012, 08:53 AM
I'll be on the boycott bus as well

Darran Noworldwar
10-21-2012, 09:29 AM
only seems to affect this game, needs to be sorted or its fuckoffski from me

Bluebear
10-21-2012, 09:31 AM
It's getting pretty damn close to it. And if you try to verify with a mobile number , that comes up with an error message. Devs is it a game issue or a Facebook issue? MINUTEMAN64

It's not a FB issue, why was the game down for some time yesterday? To implement this crap feature.

Uwe Imperial Leader Schmi
10-21-2012, 10:00 AM
WTF is with Armageddon security question crap for every single share....

HiH
10-21-2012, 10:11 AM
It does not matter who implemented the captcha, it is unacceptable for the player community. I support action that willl bring a response from dev team on this issue

Blackbird Kului
10-21-2012, 10:56 AM
In view of this annoying captcha coming up almost on every post, which is bad enough, but being told that you have entered it wrong and have to do it again.
I urge fellow warzone players to sign their names to this, that unless it is sorted out pretty damn quick, they will cease to play Warzone
Please sign, as if the devs will only pay attention if there are enough names behind it.
Jim Henderson

i hate this...stop it....pls!!! do anything or this game will slowly die...:mad:

Blackbird Kului
10-21-2012, 10:57 AM
i hate this...stop it....pls!!! do anything or this game will slowly die...

James Roberts
10-21-2012, 11:45 AM
yeah, very annoying this is, everytime i try to post a gift or lvl up, not worth it to me, i'll find another game to play until you change it back as homey dont play this crap!

Gordon Hughes
10-21-2012, 11:51 AM
to share with your allies please decode this message , enter it 5 times, cross your fingers , spin round five times , tap your head whilst rubbing your stomach.............didn't work? got the error message? well you must be a thicko then............... I'm off to shoot rabbits in Farmville it's more fun MINUTEMAN64
and no smiley face either...so there

Alan Howard
10-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Why apart from making a lot of players give up?

lloyd
10-21-2012, 06:23 PM
I too will be removing the game if these captchas continue to be implemented in the game .

RONIN
10-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Never let it be said I passed on a chance to throw a defiant gesture at authority!!!!!
Yeah, I'm in...

Joey Gordon
10-21-2012, 06:58 PM
captchas are no good, what are you doing?

HiH
10-22-2012, 12:01 AM
seems the polite request of some of us is totally unimportanThe rant and rave of the few is more valid than the small and insiginificant posts of the rest of ud

HiH
10-22-2012, 12:05 AM
and for the record. I WILL NOT POST YA CRAP UNTIL THIS IS SORTED I am well aware that there are some that need to be posted fpr personal and public reasons
I am thinking I should go ahead and serve the ghost public reasonings. FB will make sure those are done to the ends

Zvonimir Franjić
10-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Security Check
This is a standard security test that we use to prevent spammers from creating fake accounts and spamming users.

So we are becoming spammers by posting feeds from your game, or what?
There are new and better games --ya know?
Fix this or this game will die like "Armies" is dying.

james henderson
10-22-2012, 03:51 AM
Day 2, still the captchas, ah well, guess it's goodbye from me then.
GOODBYE

Alex
10-22-2012, 04:22 AM
Hello everyone,

We are aware of the situation and are investigating it. We apologize for the inconveniences it has created, but we ask for your patience and understanding since the problem is not directly related to Warzone, but to some possible security changes made by Facebook or by certain spam report limits reached by the game's feed. We have already contacted Facebook for clarifications and until we manage to sort out the reason this is happening, please remain calm and report any other problems or suggestions you have for the game. Thank you.

alan5_1
10-22-2012, 07:09 AM
this capcha thing ruining game sort it out plzzzzzzzzzz as pain in buttas

Gordon Hughes
10-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Alex,
Thank you for replying to the issue. Are Facebook trying to up the rates for use of there domain and thus an increase in profits? Not sure how big business works as only a White van driver , but my spidery sense detects some evil plan afoot. :)
Hopefully the issue will be sorted before all the players have left, as we do all enjoy the game and banter.
I for one do not want to play Farmville as they get really upset when you shoot their cows.
Gordon Hughes

Machiavelli
10-22-2012, 06:01 PM
I love typing out stuff, but this Captcha crap is even annoying the mover verbose players like myself.

M a c H 1 a V 3 L L 1

Machiavelli
10-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the update and best of luck on fixing this bug, (just saw the reply Alex). As we are social gamers, the captchya stuff is really annoying and we appreciate any effort to fix it that you can provide, (barring shutting the game down).

Iron Nuts
10-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Alex, thanks for the response, but you need to work faster and harder at getting it resolved, because the players are leaving at a rapid pace.

Alex
10-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Hey everyone,
We apologize again for the situation, we are in ongoing discussions with Facebook, but sadly we are not getting any clear answers from them since this is probably related to their security protocols. Again, we must ask for your patience, we are working to make sure this doesn't escalate beyond the current week. Thanks for being here and please continue to contact us about anything related to the game. Thank you.

AtticGeneral
10-23-2012, 09:02 AM
hmmm, do i smell a gold gift comming?.

Darran Noworldwar
10-23-2012, 09:36 AM
hmmm, do i smell a gold gift comming?.

More like fetid dingo's droppings, no on else find it odd that other games are not affected by this crap?

Gordon Hughes
10-23-2012, 10:47 AM
mmmmm fetid dingo's dropping served with the extract of tramps sweaty socks . perhaps we can buy an app to make it go away do we think? daily , weekly or monthly only 5, 30 or 75 gold a pop!!! how cynical am I...???

Joel Vanwijnsberghe
10-23-2012, 11:12 AM
not only this game i have the same problem whit other games , so it must be facebook problem maybe they want more money from dev so we may post on facebook , i think facebook think they god now

Machiavelli
10-24-2012, 12:13 AM
I have also encountered this problem with other games, it is NOT just this one.

Facebook is having issues.

EPCO
10-24-2012, 02:11 AM
Agree! I think that Facebook is key instigator of the Captchas. I have also noted the increased use of them in other Facebook games. Hopefully, it is a very temporary situation. If not, it will discourage people like me with poor vision from continuing with the games.

Alex
10-24-2012, 05:01 AM
Hey everyone,

As a temporary solution, we have removed the images from the game's feed so you will now be able to share messages without the Captcha appearing. Of course, we are working to restore the Share function to its normal state (without the annoying pop-up), so please make sure to check back often. Thank you.

Gordon Hughes
10-24-2012, 05:16 AM
Alex,
Thank you for removing the feed. So much better and no stress. Not even getting a pop up so double bonus.
Thanks again :) :)
Gordon Hughes

Gordon Hughes
10-24-2012, 05:32 AM
Hi Alex,
It was good while it lasted. The master control program has sent his minion out again.
Require Captcha
Security Check Failed

You did not enter the words in the box correctly.

Security Check
Enter both words below, separated by a space.
Can't read the words below? Try different words or an audio captcha.
Text in the box:
What's this?
:( :(

Machiavelli
10-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Things are working for me again! No captcha.

I appreciate the effort, (removing the pic does help), and am happy to be posting boss fights, bonuses, and prizes to my allies again.

Machiavelli

Alex
10-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Gordon,

The situation fluctuated in the last hour while we tried different ways to bypass the pop-up, so you might have caught a moment when the Captcha was "active". For now, the first temporary solution is in place until we manage to sort everything out and return the Share function to its normal state. The pop-up might return, depending on how the situation evolves. We'll keep you posted and thanks.

james henderson
10-25-2012, 04:03 AM
How's about, everytime there is a Captcha, warzone gives us 3 gold?
Just kidding, know it's not going to happen

Gordon Hughes
10-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Alex,
Thanks for the reply only just seen it. Thought it was master control program sending out more evil programs :)
Every thing is hunky dory at the mo. Thanks
Gordon