PDA

View Full Version : BOSS battles not recording in stats

RONIN
12-09-2012, 08:45 AM
I was wondering why battles against Boss' don't register as wins......

Alex
12-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Ronin, thanks for mentioning this, it's now on the future updates list.

RONIN
12-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Your welcome, glad to help
RONIN

MightyQ
12-12-2012, 12:03 AM
What about adding a boss for each area in the game? I'm talking about 3 boss's per map so we have a chance of getting more stuff to collect on. . I got a nice count for you guys some achievement should I say. something like 10 50, 100, 250, 500, 1,000 and have a nice or bigger reward or pay out each one. Honor, gear, items, skill point's or a permanent boost. it would be nice to get some more of them there are kewl (cool).

If you guys want to do this how about about a Major Boss fight let's throw in a 4th boss per map you fight that is just that much more harder to kill. It would be nice if we can get a little gold on a epic drop on this 4th boss. a couple a bar or 2 would be nice LoL I might be pushing it just a little one on that note!!!

Alex
12-12-2012, 05:50 AM
MightyQ,
We can't promise anything about future bosses (and by that I don't mean there won't be any), but achievements (not only related to bosses) have been on the desired additions list for a long time now. Still, I personally like your suggestion of having bosses that need to be fought at the end of mission tiers, so thank you, it has been noted.

AtticGeneral
12-12-2012, 06:22 PM
alex, your not seriously considering counting boss fights wins as wins in your stats are you?.
wouldnt that be a bit unfair to all those players with high stats, as if you only do boss fights, which you can not loose, your stats would increase without actually battling someone. players with low stats have low stats for a reason, they will be able to get their win % up without earning it.

Alex
12-13-2012, 05:35 AM
AtticGeneral,
Not at all. The idea that I support is simply adding a "Boss fights won" (name may vary) category in the profile tab.

AtticGeneral
12-13-2012, 04:14 PM
ah, cool, ok

RONIN
01-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Attic general...Why does someone's battle percentage have such an effect on you? I disagree with you on this for sure.
A battle is a battle, irregardless of whether it's agaist a player, or a boss, or a NPC.
Supplies get used on all, damage is taken on all.
I do understand that you cant"lose" a boss battle, but perhaps that is what should be changed. A lvl 100 shouldn't be battling ,say,Warrior King Bafana, but with the call to arms function, they can, even if they have little hope of doing enough damage to get squat.And no way to trade in any items they gather, until at appropriate lvl.
I think your claim of "fair" has no place in a war game. Players routinely avoid players, and battle npc's, just to manipulate said stats, so your worry about this is misplaced, as it is already occurring.

Machiavelli
01-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Attic General's disagreement to the totals is that you CAN NOT LOSE against a boss. Yes, I saw that you recognized that in your statement Ronin.
But since you only do more damage or less damage, it really isn't very fair to place those battles in the existing category because you can lose to the NPC's, (Yes, you have to be fairly weak to do so, but you CAN lose).
But a different category all together titled, "Boss Fights Won" would be a good idea. Would let players know how often you fight bosses vs. real players and how involved you are in either category.
And yes, many players just manipulate the stats by fighting NPC's alone. They also often get their butts kicked by real players too.

Mach