PDA

View Full Version : Explain this Developers, just don't delete post again.

Iron Nuts
01-03-2013, 08:35 AM
So it happened again, I was attacked and lost even though I have more def. pts. than the attack pts. There was no 15% boost for either side and the strategy was even. Now I posted this same topic a week and a half ago, here in the forum, but it was erased somehow.

How does this happen? Add it up devel's.
KillerRonin
Level 292
+$3,083
+$726,000
18 damage
4 supplies
-$3,083
20 damage
Iron-Nuts
Level 293

Close Details
Their Equipment
Private Cooper (10 Attack)
20 x Foreign Legion Infantryman (200 Attack)
10 x Tactical Officer (90 Attack)
69 x Armored Rifleman (621 Attack)
548 x Swedish Amphibious Corps (4384 Attack)
3 x Backpack Soldier (24 Attack)
Total: 11100 attack

Alex
01-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Hello,
There was no post like this deleted or closed in the past weeks. It may have encountered an error or been picked up by the spam filter.

The answer to your question is that final attack and defense values are not directly compared alone, but only after the game has taken into account the influence of the skills. In this particular fight, the difference between the total attack - which is 136191 - and the defense - which is 137246 - is not that big, so plenty of influence was left for the skills.
Hope this helps.

Iron Nuts
01-04-2013, 08:11 AM
What the F does that mean, "influence of skills"? Does he click the mouse better or type faster? Where are these skills at and how does a player increase his skills? Why have attack or defense points when "influence of skills" or 15% bonus change everything? Just write a program that flips a coin to determine the winner of battles.

Alex
01-04-2013, 08:22 AM
I was referring to the Attack and Defense skills. They can be increased every time you level-up and they are also taken into account in Battles.

Machiavelli
01-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Iron Nuts, his Attack Strength, (skill points), was much greater than your defensive skill points, (or at least enough to make a difference in the battle).
If he can repeatedly defeat you, then yes, his Attack skill point level is much greater. If he loses some of the time, it's close to what you have for defensive skill points.

Iron Nuts
01-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Machiavelli, let me ask you what your skill level is? Both attack and defense skill levels for me are sitting at 210. Not many players if any at all pay too much attention to that stat. In answer to you question Mac, this was the first time he beat me without that GD 15% bonus.

RAS-Tommy Gun
01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Your Att/def are at 210????????? Holy smokes dude that is absolutely terrible. These points are extremely important trust me. The Top players in this game have A/D points of over 3000 and yes thats 3000 not a miss print. Put it this way you can have maxed out soldiers with the very best gear but if they don't know how to fight then well.......they can't win. Attack and defense skill points are put into the game for a reason. None of us know what the exact formula is (and never will) but the skill points are a big part of it. At this point you are so far behind that you should just decide if you wanna be an attacker or a defender and all your points to one or the other for the next 200-300 levels. Or maybe just start a new account.

RAS-Tommy Gun
01-07-2013, 11:03 PM
@Iron-nuts I thought your were up around level 500 but now I see you're in the 290's. You can still fix your account but you do have to focus on all A/D for a while.

RONIN
01-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Not to make light of your end of it, but my clan focuses on income, att/def..why else do you think most of us are under 300, and not up much farther?
I am lvl 274, and my numbers are MORE than double yours.(I can beat killer btw)
My advice is to turn off your mission boosts, slow down leveling, and buy skill points to add to att/def.

Machiavelli
01-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Sorry Iron Nuts for the delay, forgot to get back to this one.

My Att: is definitely much higher than your, (multiple times higher), and so is my defense. But I am over twice your level. Do like they say, only put points into ATT and DEF, (and use those 15 gold you earn every five days at three gold/day to purchase 5 more skill points for either).

I like ATT more than DEF because even though you may get tough, it sucks just to sit there and let someone attack you and do nothing back because you can't fight your way out of a wet paper bag, (did that in another game, sucked). I like ATTACK points. Sure you may lose when attacked, but you CAN hit them right back and make them cringe...

Mach

Machiavelli
01-18-2013, 09:08 PM
p.s. Iron Nuts, that's the longest initial post I've seen on this forum.

1: Use skill points wisely. Att/Def is important.
2: Get a STRONG military
3: Get a good income to get a strong military, (both from base income and missions).
4: Really good income. Can't stress that enough.
5: Did I mention income? Skill point allotment in ATT/DEF?
6: Getting old, keep forgetting about income and skill points and if they matter.
7: Dammit, whiskey is empty. Be back later when I remember why I was posting here...

Mach

Iron Nuts
01-26-2013, 07:29 AM
I know what everyone is saying, stopped doing any missions three months ago, built income up and only battle, Just frustrated that I had the wrong strategy when I started the game and can't stand that 15% bonus crap.

Machiavelli
01-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Sorry for the bad start there Iron Nuts. I enjoyed fighting you when you were near me in level. You were tough. Re-work your strategy and be patient. You were strong once, you'll be strong again.

Mach