PDA

View Full Version : In memory of Joel A.K.A. CONAN

RAS SRT
05-27-2013, 04:47 PM
To all WarZone players and Devs:

It saddens me to post this because I have never done this before, but Joel Vanwijnsberghe AKA conan has passed away.... May 8th .. even thou we all had our differences with him, he was a serious player and contributed many ideas to help this game be better and in many of the war game we all played in.. being a ex-RAS member he still made the game interesting.. our prayers to his family... god bless you Joel you will be missed..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200675108175577&set=p.10200675108175577&type=1&theater

RAS SRT
05-27-2013, 04:52 PM
to warzone devs, i would like if you all would please contribute a soldier in his memorry for all to always remember him buy when in battle he can always lead our forces and defend, if possible it would mean alot to all of us.. he was from belgiun.. i think a Belgiun soldier would be very nice in his memory.. thank you for reading this.. !~RAS~! ELITE SRT

AtticGeneral
05-27-2013, 04:55 PM
yes a very good idea. he played alot of f/b games and spent alot of real money. some liked him, some did not, but he did contribute to us all palying in one way or another. RIP my friend.

Harold Chadwick
05-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Very Very sad news ,my thoughts and prays go out to his family .I new Joel from the early days of the World at War game and he was always a real character in every FB game he played and will be missed greatly

Yvonne Harvell
05-27-2013, 05:08 PM
A very sad day indeed. He will be missed.

james henderson
05-28-2013, 03:07 AM
Sad news indeed, I will be the first to admit:
Joel and I did have our differences, I did respect him as a player. That much will not diminish.
Condolonces to his family and friends at this sad time.
A word to the devs, would it be possible to remove the Conan profile.
It seems unfair that people will be able to attack a player of his calibre and not be able to defend himself, I mean in respect of the new players who never knew him. Older players I would hope refrain from attacking his profile.
RIP CONAN

GUNNER
05-28-2013, 03:40 AM
Rest In Peace buddy
You will be missed

Alex
05-28-2013, 04:35 AM
Hello everyone,
We are saddened to hear about this. Joel was indeed one of Warzone's most active and knowledgeable fighters. While it is true that he and other players had their differences, there is no denying about the impact Joel had on Warzone, a fact exemplified by his continuous in-game and forum activity. We wish to send our kindest thoughts to his family and friends.

Regarding a way of honoring his memory, we are considering introducing a token unit or something similar and we will have something to announce about this soon.

Thank you and, once again, we wish all the best to his family and friends.

RAS SRT
05-28-2013, 05:14 AM
thank you Alex for getting back to us... it would be great to have something in his memory.. :)

Cristina Dumitrescu
05-28-2013, 07:01 AM
R.I.P buddy!!! :(

Alex
05-28-2013, 08:32 AM
UPDATE:

In honor of Joel's memory and his contribution to Warzone, we have introduced the Belgian Para Commando Barbarian. The unit is free for everyone and can only be obtained by using this link: http://bit.ly/10EjNmM (if you encounter any problems with it, please use this one: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F10EjNmM&h=NAQE7Uvh5 )

It is a powerful unit, in line with our more important ones. Please share the link with your fellow players.
We want to thank Anthony Brito for his assistance with preparing the unit.

Regarding Joel's in-game profile, everyone will still be able to view it, but initiating attacks is no longer possible (thanks to James Henderson for the starting idea).

Again, we send our kindest thoughts to Joel's family and friends and wish them all the best.

edtattoo
05-28-2013, 09:42 AM
thank you Alex

Gordon Hughes
05-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Alex,
A most honourable suggestion from RAS SRT for the suggestion of a memorial item for Joel. So impressed to see you have taken the idea and implemented it.
Also I agree with James that it would be disrespectful to allow his profile to be attacked with no chance of recourse for him. Nice to see this suggestion was taken on-board as well.
I have already expressed my condolences to his family and friends and it was sad to hear the news of his untimely leaving.
A big thanks to you Alex and and the developers and RAS SRT and James Henderson for voicing the opinions of many players in the game.
Rest in peace Joel
Gordon

RAS SRT
05-28-2013, 10:07 AM
alex thank you very much, this is a way that joel could always be with us and in the game , i know he loved this game, now he can rule the world with all of us.. thank you so much to you and the rest of the devs at warzone..

Zvonimir Franjić
05-28-2013, 11:40 AM
R.I.P Joel

Uwe S Forchert
05-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Joel ,you been a grate Warrior and grate Friend ,we will miss you Bro ,R.I.P Uwe and Tino

edtattoo
05-28-2013, 12:22 PM
also many thanks to James Henderson to block Joel's account and Anthony Brito for this great warrior in my infantry

Yvonne Harvell
05-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Thank you Alex. Joel will now always be a part of this game.

RONIN
05-28-2013, 08:38 PM
You have successfully received 1 FREE Belgian Paracommando Barbarian.

I know Joel would have been stoked over this....RIP

RONIN

Machiavelli
05-29-2013, 08:46 AM
I just found out about this and wish to pass along my condolences. Joel made the game fun as he liked competition and was an avid and vocal fan of the game. My thanks to the people who also started this thread in his honor and memory and to the dev's for listening.

Machiavelli

Air StrikeForce Messiah1
05-30-2013, 01:50 AM
Although we have disagreements in the past, I still pay my last respect to you as a fierce and vocal WZ and a former RAS player and hopefully my sincerest condolences to your loved ones will make your journey back to your maker an easy ride. Also thanks a trillion for this: You have successfully received 1 FREE Belgian Paracommando Barbarian.

AtticGeneral
06-05-2013, 10:13 AM
hi
i am going to make the journey to pay my respects and to lay flowers at joels graveside on monday 10th june.
i will lay some flowers from all warzone players and players from other games that joel played.
if their is anyone who wants to say a few words, i will attach a card with all messages on to the flowers.
please either reply here or pm me. if you know of other people who dont play warzone and want to say a little something, please pass on the message to me and i will make sure it gets added.
many thanks
lee

Pharao
06-16-2013, 09:08 PM
RIP Geronimo

"Philippine Tamaraw"
07-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Salute.......R.I.P Joel aka Conan.

§Akatsuki§Kisame§
12-10-2013, 08:45 AM
to warzone devs, i would like if you all would please contribute a soldier in his memorry for all to always remember him buy when in battle he can always lead our forces and defend, if possible it would mean alot to all of us.. he was from belgiun.. i think a Belgiun soldier would be very nice in his memory.. thank you for reading this.. !~RAS~! ELITE SRT

Belgian soldier should be jacked up too, joel was jacked up (big like) n as much as you all seen me quarrel I love and miss him :(