PDA

View Full Version : sanctions

stephen goodwin
05-18-2012, 01:01 PM
I wanted to sanction someone and withdrew the money for the sanction,only to be told the player I wanted to sanction was either dead or to damaged to fight to be placed on the sanctions board.I was left with a certain number of millions left in the income box.Therefore to put it back in the bank I would have been charged 10% or spend the money elsewhere.Surely I could have been told previously without having to withdraw the money that the said player was not available to sanction.:(

RONIN
05-25-2012, 03:31 PM
I see a great solution, remove the "Hiding in the clinic" (from another game) when sanctioning...At the prices these sanctions sanctions run, It is extremely likely that the player deserves it...have the sanctioned given full health, then killed. I have seen at least one player with 300 supplies, so limiting the number of times he/she can be listed is unfair..

admin
05-27-2012, 08:11 AM
@stephen goodwin - you have a point. We will try to find a solution to this issue - either display if the player can't be sanctioned for some reason, or let you use directly bank money when sanctioning someone.
@RONIN - your idea is interesting, to give the sanctioned player full health. We have already fixed a similar issue - a player could hide in the hospital forever and sanction anyone - in order to sanction someone now, you must be out of the hospital. We will add your idea to the public polls next week to see how others think about it!

Machiavelli
05-27-2012, 04:30 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I like the second half of that last reply...
"@RONIN - your idea is interesting, to give the sanctioned player full health. We have already fixed a similar issue - a player could hide in the hospital forever and sanction anyone - in order to sanction someone now, you must be out of the hospital."

Ronin gets ANOTHER Forum point!

admin
06-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Just wanted to let you know that the question has been added (vote on the home page)! We will analyze the results in a few days!

RONIN
06-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Yes
46%
No
54%
Results so far....really expected this to be a landslide in favor....see, I am an idea man, but implementation and reality don't always coincide......

EGF RONIN
06-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Ronin likes to have his ideas implemented,and him and Machiavelli are really good at figuring out what is good for the game.They made W@W a better game.Also Admins,i applaud you for taking the advice of the player's,it will make the game better and more productive in the long run.Kudos!!!!!!

RONIN
06-10-2012, 09:37 PM
When placing a sanction, should the game refill the health of the sanctioned player? This way you could place a sanction on someone regardless their health amount.
Yes
43%
No
57%
Looks like the players don't want it, Still I guess I can understand, especially if you are just being used to transfer cash...

Machiavelli
06-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Ronin,
I actually voted against it. The reason for that is because players could then sanction people NON-stop and beat the daylights out of others, (as in, "Hey look, this guy only costs 1.4 million to sanction, watch me kill him 32 times and rack up sanction kills that break the weekly record!).
There should be a stopping point, (i.e. the players death), where they get a break from being killed. I'd agree to it if the FIRST time in 24 hours that you were sanctioned you received full health, but not if you REPEATEDLY received full health.
If you're on enough to keep your health low, then you get the benefit of staying out of harm's way.
But as I see it, it means that people have to move on to other targets to sanction and spread the joy around. It's cruel to re-animate the dead just to kick them some more and watch them die over and over, especially when there are so many other living targets begging for some "love"... it's one thing to be mercilessly efficient in battle, another to be a bullying, sadistic, psychopath with a need for repetitious torture of the weak, ineffectual, and innocent, (there's already enough women in the world to fill that position).

I am so going to pay for that last comment if my wife reads it,

Machiavelli

p.s. I like the weak, they taste like chicken. But everyone needs a little variation in their diet from time to time. The moderately strong players taste like BBQ beef ribs. The really strong ones taste like a filet mignon and lobster dinner with a good wine.

RONIN
06-29-2012, 07:36 PM
When placing a sanction, should the game refill the health of the sanctioned player? This way you could place a sanction on someone regardless their health amount.
Yes
50%
No
50%
Looks like its getting traction !!

RONIN
06-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Ronin,
I actually voted against it. The reason for that is because players could then sanction people NON-stop and beat the daylights out of others, (as in, "Hey look, this guy only costs 1.4 million to sanction, watch me kill him 32 times and rack up sanction kills that break the weekly record!).
There should be a stopping point, (i.e. the players death), where they get a break from being killed. I'd agree to it if the FIRST time in 24 hours that you were sanctioned you received full health, but not if you REPEATEDLY received full health.
If you're on enough to keep your health low, then you get the benefit of staying out of harm's way.
But as I see it, it means that people have to move on to other targets to sanction and spread the joy around. It's cruel to re-animate the dead just to kick them some more and watch them die over and over, especially when there are so many other living targets begging for some "love"... it's one thing to be mercilessly efficient in battle, another to be a bullying, sadistic, psychopath with a need for repetitious torture of the weak, ineffectual, and innocent, (there's already enough women in the world to fill that position).

I am so going to pay for that last comment if my wife reads it,

Machiavelli

p.s. I like the weak, they taste like chicken. But everyone needs a little variation in their diet from time to time. The moderately strong players taste like BBQ beef ribs. The really strong ones taste like a filet mignon and lobster dinner with a good wine.

Nice, But haven't you seen who rules sanction kills? seems someone has figured out how to manipulate the system:

1. SAF-FFF-GENERAL-KING-ONFIRE-FIJI-STRIKER
Last Week: 101 sanctions collected
3 times as many as the next player....

RONIN
06-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Also, sometimes the dead can't be dead enough, if you get my drift.....

RONIN
06-30-2012, 10:30 PM
This would be a good place to meld in MERC(pigtails-n-miniskirts)SHADOWS pay for retribution plan, If someone did repeatedly sanction one player, there'd be an avenue for retribution, (I don't think it would happen, except in cases of extreme animosity, in which case i'd be mutual,hence,fair.

RONIN
07-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Yes
51%
No
49%
Starting to look like it's in. of course, the 50/50/ split will guarantee that half the players will be pissed.(Just like politics)