PDA

View Full Version : A Warzone: Armageddon Guide for Beginners

Machiavelli
05-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Those of you who are familiar with me from a previous game, (World at War), remember that I made a tutorial/guide for new players in that game. Someone, (who shall remain anonymous), even asked that I make one for new players in this game.

Well folks, I may or I may not. While I do enjoy helping the new players, I don't like making my future competition stronger than I need them to be. I can't always help everyone with FREE advice.

BUT, if you ask here, I may just answer your question. If I don't someone else may. Consider this a "Dear Abbey" section, (if Dear Abbey carried an Uzi, six grenades, and drove a tank to work).

I wish you the best, hope to see you on the forum AND the battlefields, and await a question or two...

Machiavelli

RONIN
06-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Ok, then I will ask the first question...Why do all the clans wear skirts and pigtails when battling? Does it help their win/loss ratio? (cuz if so, might consider it.)

Machiavelli
06-01-2012, 04:38 PM
That is an old, old question that outsiders have always asked about clan members and the answer is two fold, aerodynamics and heat dissipation.
A skirt allows for the immediate removal of heat in the lower nether regions, easy to pick up and move around in a breeze, (Google Marilyn Monroe and Subway), and allows easy access to weapons strapped onto the inner thigh. *
Pigtails are natures way of making the head and/or helm more aerodynamic in battle, (and allows the wearer to weave in things like smoking pieces of cloth like Blackbeard the Pirate used to do). Please notice that I stated "head AND/OR helm. Some players prefer not to use a helmet in battle. Many players prefer not to use their head in battle either...
If any of this helps, I'm glad to have been of service. The clans are a "unclanny" lot, (love puns and that's as close as I could get to uncanny), full of weird but wonderful folk.

Machiavelli

*By weapons strapped to the inner thigh, I am not referring to male parts that can't be named on this forum.

RONIN
06-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Ugh, All I can see now is ~MERC~SHADOW, charging into battle, mini-skirt akimbo, and brat-handles flying.....

Machiavelli
06-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey, it's better than RAS-Slaughter. Imagine his hairy, gorilla legs. My poodles have less hair on them than his legs probably do. I swear he'd look like he was running with black, fuzzy pants and a skirt on over top of them.

RONIN
06-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Poodles....It figures...

Machiavelli
06-04-2012, 06:16 AM
what figures? that RAS-Slaughter has poodle haired legs or that poodles are dog-like images of his legs in motion?

RONIN
06-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Now all I see is You and your valiant war-poodles,(with frikken laser beams on their heads)chasing your be-skirted ~SHADOW~ to a hairy -SLAUGHTER-.......

KillerCollette
06-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I have a question. Who are the EFF? Someone was telling me that they are in that clan or group and that is was really good. How do you find where the groups are listed?

RONIN
06-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Answered yer other post....They aren't listed, But I think that MACH (poodleman) will give you a short list, or maybe he will contact some of his tagged allies ,since THEY should be handling there own recruiting...check back...

Machiavelli
06-05-2012, 08:56 PM
I've personally heard of the EFF, but I'm not certain what that even stands for, much less what they represent. The EGF are the Elite Global Forces people, (if you've ever seen "Life of Brian" you'll know what I'm talking about here, "His, (Brian's), desire for the heroine and hatred for the Romans lead him to join the People's Front of Judea (PFJ), one of many fractious and bickering independence movements, who spend more time fighting each other than the Romans.).
Now don't ask me what the difference is between the EFF and the EGF. It's like the movie above, where the PFJ is not only against the Romans but also against the JPF, (Judean People's Front), the JFP, (Judean Front for the People), and of course the PFFJ, (the People's Front For Judeans)...
Why do they hate each other as much, (if not more than the Romans), is a mystery. The same goes for the EFF and the EGF as far as I'm concerned, (or know).
Maybe they were once of the same group and one night at a meeting, (anti-RAS rally), they decided to order pizza and half wanted pepperoni with onions and the other half of the group wanted bacon and jalapenos. This of course is schizm material in any major group which of course leads to bickering, sanction tally comparisons, then anatomical comparisons and analogies, (not nice ones), and then someone throws a chair and all hell breaks out at the meeting in the basement of some comic store with the end result of two disparate but similar groups that hate each other as much as the RAS.
No one has ever clued me in to these things, KillerCollette, and I'm actually happier being ignorant of the truth as it lets me make up my own fantasies. All I can really say is that you should join a clan if you enjoy group play. Just make certain it is an ACTIVE clan. Nothing is worse than teaming up with part time sissies who never attack anything but pizza and soda pop while playing.

Machiavelli

RONIN
06-07-2012, 06:11 PM
"SPLITTERS!!!" (He's NOT the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy....)("you'wve heawed of my friend? Biggus...Dickus?)

Favorite movie, going to watch it again, now..

EGF RONIN
06-07-2012, 07:34 PM
@ Machiavelli,after the pizza and soda they need a Wafer Thin mint.......Just 1 little Mint.

Machiavelli
06-08-2012, 08:40 PM
lmao, no wafer thin mints for me. I do creme brulee, apple pie with vanilla ice cream and caramel topping, or decadent chocolate brandy cakes.

mints are for sissies and exploding fat men.

EGF RONIN
06-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Did you notice Mike's Biggus Dickus was from the wrong Movie,History of the World Part I not life of Brian?I pointed that out to him today:) It's not often i catch him slipping,but he is older than us so we have to be nice to him:) And i have not exploded so i must be a sissie!!!

RONIN
06-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Did YOU notice Mike's Biggus Dickus.......LOLOLOLLOLLOLLLLL

EGF RONIN
06-12-2012, 02:00 PM
I am glad i could make you laugh,now we just need to get you some Biggus Fishes:)

Machiavelli
06-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Not a peep from any of the newer players on how the game works or what could help...

egfwerclan
06-16-2012, 08:06 PM
where are the duel points kept on the boss wins?

Machiavelli
06-16-2012, 08:52 PM
you would ask me something I don't know. where do you see duel points?

Steve Carr
06-19-2012, 03:26 AM
E.F.F elite fighting force....if you have played world at war you know who we are...

Eff's Spec. Ops 24-7
06-19-2012, 03:47 AM
We are the Elite Fighting Force, a private secret group. You can contact by message... Caz Sockpuppet, if your interested.

I don't hang in forums. I'm replying because Machiavelli left me a question inside my game comment section.

egfwerclan
06-19-2012, 08:46 AM
from wins against the bosses

Caz Sockpuppet
06-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Hi just thought id add a little to your comment RONIN , The EFF have been a long standing alliance for over 2 years now and we play many games , Most of our members are long term , and have been with us in other games. Just because we do not need to make posts with regards to recruiting new members does not mean we are not active . It is fair to say should we ever feel the need to post for new members WE can and will handle our own recruiting .
From Caz

Tom Stone
06-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Hi just thought id add a little to your comment RONIN , The EFF have been a long standing alliance for over 2 years now and we play many games , Most of our members are long term , and have been with us in other games. Just because we do not need to make posts with regards to recruiting new members does not mean we are not active . It is fair to say should we ever feel the need to post for new members WE can and will handle our own recruiting .
From Caz

Besides that, if we think your any good, we'll invite you, normally a successful applicant will find a horses head in their bed - or is that for unsuccessful applicants, I'd be buggered if I can remember which way round it is :rolleyes:

Not that it matters, you're hardly like to get an invite anyway - You might like to try applying to the RAT's, they've got no style or taste, so unless you've been convicted for buggering badgers, there's a fair chance they'll take you:cool:

RONIN
06-19-2012, 09:23 PM
E.F.F elite fighting force....if you have played world at war you know who we are...

I played "til the end, never saw an EFF.....

RONIN
06-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Besides that, if we think your any good, we'll invite you, normally a successful applicant will find a horses head in their bed - or is that for unsuccessful applicants, I'd be buggered if I can remember which way round it is :rolleyes:

Not that it matters, you're hardly like to get an invite anyway - You might like to try applying to the RAT's, they've got no style or taste, so unless you've been convicted for buggering badgers, there's a fair chance they'll take you:cool:
I certainly wasn't looking for an invite, only answered another's question...wouldn't accept, either.

Machiavelli
06-20-2012, 06:06 PM
I played W@W for the first six months, then the last three, (till cheating became so prevalent). I don't remember the EFF either.
HS, RAS, Mercs, GDI, EG's, TF141, and that's about all, (yes, there were more clans, but they were tiny, and by tiny, I mean that if they were in a fight with Key West, Key West would clobber them.)
Ronin, don't blame ya on not needing an invite from players like that. No sense of humor. They also play with sock puppets too.

TaKeOver
06-21-2012, 02:15 PM
These Dumbass EFFer's don't even know what game they played. They didn't play world @ war, they played world war and I bet they sucked just as bad in that game as they do this one. Elite Fighting Force pssssssssst hahaha what a joke. Trust me no one wants to join this clan, they are very weak and they have no idea what they are doing. It took me about ten minutes to infiltrate their clan with a dummy account and I was immediately their strongest player. They don't need to recruit new players because Tom Stone is constantly creating new mini accounts to add to their ranks. I attack their members all the time and none of them even try to hit me back. Its like they just laid down and accepted that they suck. I welcome any Eff member that wants to come and try me out......Hell i'll fight you all at once.

Your's Truly, Tommy Gun :)

Machiavelli
06-21-2012, 05:58 PM
LMAO, (which is good as my rear end needs to shed some weight).

I can only find one EFF in my level range to fight and he Sssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeucks.
I'm almost tempted to start sanctioning the EFF at level 626 that sanctioned me. Heck, I'm gonna do it.

You just placed a bounty of $105,942,668 on SPA/EFF STONER SOCKY.
They will appear on the Sanctions Board in the next 5 minutes.

REALLY? You're level 626 and only have an hourly income of 26.48 million?
At that level you should have around 30 base structures or more. What are you using, Training Grounds? My hourly income is almost your sanction price, (I am level 164). Sad.
Please send all EFF here for help on building a better player and base. Seriously.

This, my folks, is gonna be fun. Below is the EFF Logo...

Machiavelli
06-21-2012, 05:59 PM
TakeOver, ya wanna trade EFF sanctions this weekend?

egfwerclan
06-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Some of us who were at the very start of WAW and the very end still don't remember EFF. May be they were an off shoot of RATS. Sound about right Machiavelli.

RONIN
06-21-2012, 10:30 PM
These Dumbass EFFer's don't even know what game they played. They didn't play world @ war, they played world war and I bet they sucked just as bad in that game as they do this one. Elite Fighting Force pssssssssst hahaha what a joke. Trust me no one wants to join this clan, they are very weak and they have no idea what they are doing. It took me about ten minutes to infiltrate their clan with a dummy account and I was immediately their strongest player. They don't need to recruit new players because Tom Stone is constantly creating new mini accounts to add to their ranks. I attack their members all the time and none of them even try to hit me back. Its like they just laid down and accepted that they suck. I welcome any Eff member that wants to come and try me out......Hell i'll fight you all at once.

Your's Truly, Tommy Gun :)
LOL, I remember when......wait, no, shit, what game did we play? EFF it, pass me that doobie.......

Machiavelli
06-22-2012, 09:09 PM
You were attacked by SPA/EFF STONER SOCKY, (SPA/EFF STONER SOCKY, Level 627)
You won, gaining 1 experience and taking 13 damage.

I am level 164... that's a difference of 463 levels that Mr. Stoner Socky has over me. He still lost. Sad.

Sanction!

Machiavelli
06-22-2012, 09:21 PM
What is a SPA? Why does Socky have that as part of his name? Is he referring to the fact that he has to go to the SPA so regularly to massage out all the damage/bruising he takes due to being a horrid player? Does he get a discount on his spa treatments if he places "SPA" in front of his name like those people do with signs in their front yards when they get house repairs/upgrades done for a 10% savings?
What is the SPA?

Machiavelli
07-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Base Income:
Ok folks, it seems that some of you are rather lacking in the base income department. I realize that you are probably in a hurry to level up, that's fine if you don't care about having money to purchase military units, land, or being a really cheap sanction, (I love those last players), but realize, YOU ARE GOING TO GET PUMMELED.
Now, for those of you who do care about your base, here are some helpful hints...
1: Every base structure that makes money has it's minimum income that comes with the initial purchase. Then, you have three more upgrades you can make after that. The initial upgrade increases that base's income by a factor of 1.6, (i.e. if the base income is initially $1,000,000, then the first upgrade will increase it to $1,600,000), and that initial upgrade dollar amount is the increase from there on out, (it does NOT increase by a multiplier of 1.6 from there on out, it increases by that first dollar amount from there on.)

Example: Military Saloon and Sandals Resort (makes $1,000,000 per hour with NO stars)
1 star = $1.6 million/hour
2 star = $2.2 million/hour
3 star = $2.8 million/hour

You can use that simple formula for figuring out how much any income base structure tops out at. The only difference is the amount per hour, (as they collect anywhere from 45 minutes to 24 hours depending on the structure and what kind of player you are).

Knowing that above formula, you need to then decide how often you are going to log on and collect. Can you collect every 45 minutes, (IT Center), or only every four to eight hours?

Then with that in mind, how much do you wish to earn per day? How expensive do you want to make yourself to sanction?

Below are some of the top tiered base structures for income that vary on collection times. My favorites are the IT Center, (lowest initial price for the greatest return, but you have to log on every 45 minutes), and the Nuclear Power Plant, (collect every 1.5 hours, so you get more time to relax from the game AND it actually makes more per hour than the IT Center when topped out), the NASA Facility gives you even more time off, (4.5 hours), and makes less per hour, but it frees you from the game too.

Now, I set my player up as a money earner, so I earn income faster than the other types, but it will give you a general idea of what's good for the times.

IT Center: Initial income is $1,500,000, 1 star - $2,400,000 2 star-$3,300,000 3 star-$4,200,000
(topped out, it averages $5,586,000 per hour income at 45 minute collection times per structure)

Science Center: Initial income is $3,000,000, 1 star - $4,800,000 2 star-$6,600,000 3 star-$8,400,000
(topped out, it averages $2,800,000 per hour income at 3 hour collection times per structure)

Nuclear Power Plant: Initial income is $3,300,000, 1 star - $5,280,000 2 star-$7,260,000 3 star-$9,240,000
(topped out, it averages $6,098,400 per hour income at 1.5 hour collection times per structure)

Nasa Facility: Initial income is $6,000,000, 1 star - $9,600,000 2 star-$13,200,000 3 star-$16,800,000
(topped out, it averages $3,733,333 per hour income at 4.5 hour collection times per structure)

Pentagon: Initial income is $9,000,000, 1 star - $14,400,000 2 star-$19,800,000 3 star-$25,200,000
(topped out, it averages $2,800,000 per hour income at 9 hour collection times per structure)

Hope this tidbit helps out for income, now for how to get those land purchases...

You can purchase land four ways, (Money, Gold, Honor Points, and Oil). All of them are initially easy to purchase, but they get progressively more expensive. So thinking about this and how things change as you level up, I'd suggest the following.

Get all the cheapies out of the way asap. Then, once you have a good initial amount of land and good bases, remember this very simple fact. As you level up, you get more honor points per battle. So don't worry about the land purchases with Honor Points till your level 200 or more for anything over 100K Honor Point Cost. It just takes too much time to collect them early due to the poor payout per battle, (unless you've got 300 Supplies).
Instead, concentrate on that Daily Bonus, collect that free gold for land purchases and get those out of the way.
Build Oil Refineries and max them out ASAP. Why? Easy, maxed out on upgrades, an Oil Refinery nets you 56,000 bbl of oil every 1.5 hours. If you have five maxed out, that's 280,000 bbl of oil every 1.5 hours. It's easy to collect if you're on often and earn those final pieces of land. And then if you get all the oil purchased land units out of the way, you can convert all but one to INCOME EARNERS! You don't have to have them as oil refineries any more and it frees up land for income to purchase either more land or units, (or if you're like me, SANCTIONS)...

That's all for now, hope this helps a little for you inexperienced players. Ask away if you have anything else you have questions about.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli
07-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Next helpful hint... STOP USING GOLD FOR DARNED MILITARY UNITS.

As I said above, use that daily bonus of three gold for land purchases and SKILL POINTS. It makes a huge difference in the long run if you add those extra skill points into your stats. Every five days you can get five more skill points, (costs 15 gold to get 5 skill points, you get 3 gold/day bonus). Don't waste that gold on units till later when you have all the land and skill points you need, (or never STOP adding skill points).

Get spare military units and equipment with honor points and oil! Yes, those fancy kick ass units look good and have a wallop, but three or four of them don't equal out to 45 or 60 extra attack or defense points spread out over your whole military.

p.s. if you are purchasing gold, wait to make big purchases till you are into the European Campaign. The bonus mission, "The Carpathian Castle" earns you a BAT. That little fuzzy winged creature gets you a bonus of 50% extra gold ONE time when you next buy it, (i.e. if you buy $10 worth of gold, (normally 70 gold for ten bucks), now you get 105 gold instead). So save your money till you can get that little fuzzy critter and it's bonus.

Wish it were a permanent boost... it would increase gold sales tremendously.

Machiavelli
07-08-2012, 06:14 PM
1) If I am attacked by a lower level player, why are my unit quantities capped to their level?

Well, if you are attacked by a lower player, or you attack them, capping your quantities to their levels evens the field. Generally, if you are of a higher level, you WILL have the advantage though in two major ways.

A) Skill points. You've had time to earn many more skill points, (a person 100 levels above you has an extra 500 skill points that you don't have, and if they are used wisely, they will make a big difference. I've had players 100 levels higher than me attack and lose, generally because of how my skill points are allocated, but also because they made the mistake of selling off their lower tiered units for cash... BIG mistake. Keep those units, don't sell them off. They come in especially handy during sanction battles. Which leads to point 2, (B).

B) As a higher level player, you've got access to ALL the units in the lower level player's tier. As they may be at any point in that tier, they often do NOT have access to all those types of units yet, much less the money to even purchase them. So even then, the odds favor you in the battle unless they are almost at a level where they are about to enter a new mission tier.

2) Was this always the case or am I right in thinking that it changed recently?

IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY. Personally I think it's a great idea/strategy as it prevents some bullying and makes you think and plan your army out. But then, I always over-think my strategies, (and even then I am often surprised with losses due to mistakes on my part or outright stupidity).

Machiavelli

p.s. from what I've gleaned of the admin posts, there may be changes to your third question about the 20 percent bonus, then, there may not be changes. As ever, they are cryptic. But, you've got to admit, that keeps a little mystery in the game, (which is why I always loved the 20% boost, as it changes the battles from strictly a numbers game to something with a little bit of chance or luck, which is often seen on the battlefield).

As a great general once said, "Once the first bullet is fired, all prepared battle plans are useless." Since I like Sun Tzu and Machiavelli, I think some plans still hold out the majority of the time, but chance always taunts you when you least expect it.

Susan Rose Hammock
02-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Im new to this game i usually play one of kens other apps in dead or alive and on that one we don't have clans it's been promised for two years but never developed so i have a question? What is the actual pros and cons of joining a clan

Honkie Ponkie
02-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Thank you Machiavelli for your wise words, hints and tips.
Although I've been playing DoA for a very long time, and Warzone is quite similar, it has it's own nice features which I would like to exploit maximally to, one day, become strong :D.