Welcome to the Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween masks

Cool Halloween masks

Hello,
    Query about the Halloween Mask special. At the end of the timer will we be able to swop extra masks with allies to complete? As at the moment I have managed to snag 1 tank and have 19 masks of various guises, but the Vampire mask is deficient in it's absence.
    And as it's getting nearer to midnight I need them to attack the ghosties. I'm scared.....
    Thanks
    MINUTEMAN64

Hi Gordon,
    The Halloween Mask event was balanced from the start to allow each individual player to gather at least one tank, with many players making an average of two tanks. There's also balancing issues we had to take into account for a unit like this. At the moment, there's still a heavy 10 hours left of the promotion, so no need to panic yet.

And we are considering your idea for future special events, so thank you.

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for the reply. Will avidly collect and cross my fingers for the mask I need in these last few hours.
    Thanks
    Gordon

Hi Alex,
    150 minutes left and I have 24 masks and still no vampire mask. So my balance of booty was 1 tank. When several players have 6 or more tanks. Or are these players making these figures up?
    Thank you for the 1 tank as it saved me 44 gold.
    Just sitting here now waiting for the ghosts and ghouls to tear my soul out and sell it to the devil.
    Cheers
    MINUTEMAN64

well thank you devs, what a bad idea, why not just give a mask each day instead so we all get one.
    at this time theres 1 hr left on the clock and i have not got one, so unless you let us exchange, me, a daily player wont get one.

Light the jack-o'-lantern! Instant light the jack-o'-lantern for 5 gold!

x4

x5

x0

x2

x5

x2
    Trade all for:

Trade

oh and btw i brought 3 with gold, still didnt get one

my soul belongs to the devil and i used gold as well. what a complete numpty I was.
    I'm off to the bottom of the garden to eat worms............stomp stomp stomp

hello , did recieve a fair share for free so thank you
    shame this was not the same for everyone,
    is there a chance we can trade all mask who remains between players?
    thx

Hi everyone,
    As I've said, the event was balanced in way that active players could easily obtain at least one tank, with many making an average of about 2, while others bought them directly from the Marketplace, thus bypassing the need of masks. All the masks had the exact same drop chance, so the only important factor that could influence the game was luck. The unit is pretty powerful and we had to be careful with how it is obtained.

At the total time available for the event - 100 hours - there was an average of about 31 masks that could be obtained. Even without stalking the timer, many players could easily gather at least 20 masks, at which point the chance of getting at least one tank were over 90%. Of course, getting more than 20 masks also increased the chances for commandeering one.

We thought about different trade systems, but there aren't any easy ways to implement one without angering some category of players (patient ones, the ones that got lots of masks but few tanks or the ones that payed gold, either for masks or for tanks directly) - BUT we are already making adjustments for future events and taking some of your suggestions into account, so thank you.

No tank for me, and I played the hell out of it! Should have been able to trade with allies. Thanx for...........well nothin!