Welcome to the Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Commenting on profile walls

I have an idea for ya.....How bout this. If someone makes the decision to close their wall and not allow anyone to comment on it, then they are not be able to comment on anyone elses wall. Make one option..... Allow commenting Yes (y) or No (no). That way I can respond to the whining little weasels who complain on my wall.

Hey Tommy,
    We already have a restriction system in place (limiting wall comments to you, your allies or everyone). Not allowing players to post comments on other players' walls would be a little impractical and unfair. But we'll consider any new ideas that come our way, so thanks.

I don't think you get me Alex, it's not unfair because you are giving them the option to allow commenting or not allow it. If they want to give comments then they should have to take comments. Why should someone be able to talk shit and cry on my wall but I cannot respond on their wall. I shouldn't have to shut down my entire wall because some asshole wants to spew garbage all over it. I don't want to shut down my wall because I communicate with people on there and it gives people who are not my friends a chance to request me as an ally. The restriction system that is in place now is either a wide open wall, a closed wall, or a friends only wall. Why should I have to close my wall just cause a bunch of cry babies don't like me. Make it so if they want to comment to me then I can comment on their walls back to them.

Actually, I got the idea perfectly the first time around and, while I agree with it in principle, it does have certain limitations. For example, if we impose that players must accept messages on their walls no matter their choice, we will easily be accused of restricting said choice and a certain right to privacy and no one will enjoy that. What you can do for now is block any individual player that might post unpleasant messages on your wall, while still keeping it open for everyone else. Apart from that, we have to be careful how we manage this, because it can easily anger different categories of people.

For now, everyone can express themselves and limit who can post on their wall, while also being able to block anyone unpleasant. We've already discussed some variations of the system, but the problem of limiting choice was always present and so the subject will remain open while the game evolves.

Mr Tommygun I do agree with your idea. If they want to slag players there should be a method of reply. If the wall is closed I usually think it's because they get upset if you call them names and have to suck on their blankey. I would have thought just beating them senseless ( in the game ) would answer their questions / remarks.
    MINUTEMAN 64
    Last edited by Gordon Hughes; 11-06-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: no name

Well thanks for the quick responses Alex.

@ Minuteman, thats all i'm really asking for is a way to respond to their bullshit. These cowards can sling it out but they clearly can't take it back, or else they'd have an open wall. The #1 biggest coward, complaining crybaby biatch in this game is Chris Deathrage aka RageingDeath (that is the way he spells it, the dumbass can't even spell his game name right) *Raging.

I like this idea but would also like to see an option to actually report players who only post harassing comments.

Thanks Nathan, we'll think about this.
    In the meantime, you can report abusive players through our support email, by using the "Report/Contact this App" feature in the lower-right corner next to the game's window.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Grass View Post
    I like this idea but would also like to see an option to actually report players who only post harassing comments.
    Love that. I imagine the whinging and crying comes from players who are getting a whupping.
    How can they harass you, threaten to tickle you into submission.
    Blocking is a good option

I have a thought, Make it exactly like the game; Each comment allows a return comment....Eloquent, wouldn't you say?