Welcome to the Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some players should read this MPD about multi`s and mini`s

Dissociative identity disorder (DID), previously known as multiple personality disorder (MPD),[1][2] is a mental disorder characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states that alternately control a person's behavior, and is accompanied by memory impairment for important information not explained by ordinary forgetfulness. In the book Psychology by Schacter, Gilbert and Wegner, they state that "dissociative identity disorder (DID) is characterized by the presence within an individual of two or more distinct identities that at different times take control of the individual’s behavior."[3] These symptoms are not accounted for by substance abuse, seizures, other medical conditions or imaginative play in children.[4] Diagnosis is often difficult as there is considerable comorbidity with other mental disorders. Malingering should be considered if there is possible financial or forensic gain, as well as factitious disorder if help-seeking behavior is prominent.[4]
    DID is one of the most controversial psychiatric disorders with no clear consensus regarding its diagnosis or treatment.[5] Research on treatment effectiveness still focuses mainly on clinical approaches and case studies. Dissociative symptoms range from common lapses in attention, becoming distracted by something else, and daydreaming, to pathological dissociative disorders.[6] No systematic, empirically-supported definition of "dissociation" exists.[7][8]
    Although neither epidemiological surveys nor longitudinal studies have been done, it is thought DID rarely resolves spontaneously. Symptoms are said to vary over time.[6] In general, the prognosis is poor, especially for those with co-morbid disorders. There is little systematic data on the prevalence of DID.[9] The International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation states that the prevalence is between 1 and 3% in the general population, and between 1 and 5% in inpatient groups in Europe and North America.[10] DID is diagnosed more frequently in North America than in the rest of the world, and is three to nine times more common in females than in males.[7][9][11] The prevalence of DID increased greatly in the latter half of the 20th century, along with the number of identities (often referred to as "alters") claimed by patients (increasing from an average of two or three to approximately 16).[7]
    Dissociative disorders including DID have been attributed to disruptions in memory caused by trauma and other forms of stress, but research on this hypothesis has been characterized by poor methodology. So far, scientific studies, usually focusing on memory, have been few and the results have been inconclusive.[12] An alternative hypothesis for the etiology of DID is as a product of techniques employed by some therapists, especially those using hypnosis, and disagreement between the two positions is characterized by intense debate.[5][13] DID became a popular diagnosis in the 1970s, 80s and 90s but it is unclear if the actual incidence of the disorder increased, if it was more recognized by clinicians, or if sociocultural factors caused an increase in iatrogenic presentations. The unusual number of diagnoses after 1980, clustered around a small number of clinicians and the suggestibility characteristic of those with DID, support the hypothesis that DID is therapist-induced.[14] The unusual clustering of diagnoses has also been explained as due to a lack of awareness and training among clinicians to recognize cases of DID.[15]

you know the guy who trades with you with one account, and acts all nice. . and is a total douche bag with you on their other account. . what`s up with that? LOL

Funny you brought this up now.. as I am compiling a list of associated accounts "aka. mini's" and I have no problem whatsoever sharing it here in the forum with community. let me know your thoughts.

you better share that list with the devs, and not here. Might want to read the the forum rules before the one banned is you brother. Not talking tough, just saying. heed the warning of the forum rules.

Yes it would not be nice to spread the news too publicly about all the multiple profiles, the game would come to a standstill.
    How many is it you have again?

Quote Originally Posted by ras putin View Post
    Yes it would not be nice to spread the news too publicly about all the multiple profiles, the game would come to a standstill.
    How many is it you have again?
    Not to put anyone on the line, but I would put the number of secondaries at roughly10% of the total. so around 100 mini's

Quote Originally Posted by RONIN View Post
    Not to put anyone on the line, but I would put the number of secondaries at roughly10% of the total. so around 100 mini's

Think you've got the figures the wrong way around But, and lets be honest here, does anyone really give a toss - it's always have been, and always will be that way with any of these games - and anyone who think differently is deluded ------- See John Smith for details

And as for sharing a list of them, The devs here are quite aware of them, as evidenced by changes made to inhibit advantages that were being exploited(sanctions).

Putting a list out wont get anyone banned,As conclusive evidence would be lacking without confessions, but would most likely backfire against the poster,Bringing massive, overwhelming attacks,sanctions and any other retaliatory methods that could be employed.

Not my first rodeo, seen it happen.....

Just like the number of your accounts on the first page. ZERO!!!! i`m on two front pages, ya moron. Do some math if you gonna come play a math game with Wizards of Yore. You dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by §Akatsuki§Kisame§ View Post
    Just like the number of your accounts on the first page. ZERO!!!! i`m on two front pages, ya moron. Do some math if you gonna come play a math game with Wizards of Yore. You dummy.
    Time to prove you are a lying little toerag after all
    Kamil Hassan, are you denying that this is your mini, from what you told me earlier, it is a bogus acct of yours, very tough but bogus.
    Face gone red yet?
    Keep hitting James as much as you want, I quit playing that one a few weeks back when it hit 1000.
    You really shouldn't give up your day job of licking windows.
    first pages, yeah, been there, done that, got the t shirt, done it before you as well