Welcome to the Forums
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Automated bot/macro prevention system

Hi everyone,

We have just introduced a smart CAPTCHA system that will help prevent the use of automated macro/clicks software.
    The system will initially only monitor a subset of players and we promise that we are working to make it as non-intrusive as possible.

For most players, when the CAPTCHA is solved, the amount of time until it is active again will be increasingly bigger, until it will no longer appear for a certain period of time (when we initiate another general test).
    In the case of players who would continue to seek unfair advantage through automated software (and only where we have clear evidence of such activity) we will have to take mild prohibitive actions, consisting in certain periods of ban.

We will continue to monitor the system and adjust it to be as invisible as possible for players that do not engage in any unfair actions. Our intention is not to disrupt the progression of anyone, but only to prevent certain types of activity that puts some players ahead of others through unjust methods.

Thanks and don't hesitate to ask or tell us your impressions about this.
    Have a suggestion, problem or just want to get in touch? Contact us at " support [at] warzonefb.com "
    For bug reporting, please provide a detailed description of the problem and, if possible/applicable, a screen-shot.

Need to contact me directly? Send me a private message.

Any chance of implementing this without it causing the game to run like a retarded slug ???

good job....the automation had to be stopped. too bad you couldnt penalize the ones who have gained so much already from it.

no capcha here as i dont use macros but do have a frozen game. can you fix this please alex

now eliminate all the fake accounts and this game will be good to go

Administrator
    Today the game experienced a short period of slow response that was successfully fixed. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. The issue was not related to the latest captcha system that went live today. The captcha system is active for a subset of players and will slowly roll out to more players in the next couple of days.

Please let us know if you experience any other issues with the game.

I would personally ban them but at the very least they should be named and shamed

Quote Originally Posted by !~RAS Carpangler~! View Post
    I would personally ban them but at the very least they should be named and shamed
    I completely agree with this because 1 of the respondents of this thread is a mini with a screen name of the real perpetrator (I wouldn't mention his real name because most of us already knew his real identity) of cheating that cause disruption in the natural flow of the game that shouldn't be manipulated by a few. It clearly shows how guilty he is by putting non-sense comments (also a clear sign that he's feeling the heat cause about by shame and guilt, if he still has them, of doing the same actions over and over again) just to divert the center of attention from him. I expect a violent reaction from him just to make sorry excuses again for what he has done to destroy the natural flow of this game. If that happens, then he exposed himself as the true and ultimate perpetrator of cheating in this war game. CONCLUSION: He just applies the saying/philosophy in real life and in this game: CHEATING is the best policy to win at all cost anytime, anywhere, and any day (Simple explanation: Cheating is the only way to succeed in real life and in this war game). The best long term solution to make this game back to it's normal state is to permanently ban those cheaters and just let their accounts float in the system as payback for their indiscretions and injustice to other players who hate resorting to unfair advantage of utilizing cheating software just to win at all cost. Thank you and have a great day to all good and honest WZ players out there who are not suckers, sell-offs, and thieves of their own dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by !~RAS Carpangler~! View Post
    Well. RAS would be buggered then, Barry Pirahna and Carpangler, aka andy robertson
    lee dowling and harley quinn one and the same, sweetkisses shellina and pink porshce sophie ditto,
    ras hole and str fukina aka brad dixon etc etc etc .......funny how the carping is only coming about now you'rre on the downhill slope to oblivion :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Air StrikeForce Messiah1 View Post
    I completely agree with this because 1 of the respondents of this thread is a mini with a screen name of the real perpetrator (I wouldn't mention his real name because most of us already knew his real identity) of cheating that cause disruption in the natural flow of the game that shouldn't be manipulated by a few. It clearly shows how guilty he is by putting non-sense comments (also a clear sign that he's feeling the heat cause about by shame and guilt, if he still has them, of doing the same actions over and over again) just to divert the center of attention from him. I expect a violent reaction from him just to make sorry excuses again for what he has done to destroy the natural flow of this game. If that happens, then he exposed himself as the true and ultimate perpetrator of cheating in this war game. CONCLUSION: He just applies the saying/philosophy in real life and in this game: CHEATING is the best policy to win at all cost anytime, anywhere, and any day (Simple explanation: Cheating is the only way to succeed in real life and in this war game). The best long term solution to make this game back to it's normal state is to permanently ban those cheaters and just let their accounts float in the system as payback for their indiscretions and injustice to other players who hate resorting to unfair advantage of utilizing cheating software just to win at all cost. Thank you and have a great day to all good and honest WZ players out there who are not suckers, sell-offs, and thieves of their own dignity.
    [moderated]
    Last edited by Alex; 07-15-2013 at 05:28 AM.